Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I'd have to consciously shift my weight to the left in order to feel like I'm not going to topple my bike over. Wouldn't be able to sleep.

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
I used to do that all the time on my 85 E Glide. Not good on the back though.

·
7,488 Posts
If you did that now in the United States you'd be robbed or worse in a heartbeat--if you were alone. When you are asleep, you are defenseless against the 'hoodie' crowd, pot smokers, drunks and dopers.

I've heard tell of people doing that in rest areas on the Interstates but I guess they were just unaware that thugs target people in these rest stops as easy pickings.

I tried it once in the middle of the desert near lake Mead in Nevada but I slept in the back of my open pickup bed. I had a nice Colt Gold cup National match as my bed partner but I was still very uneasy.

Sam::coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
The way you did Sam is the only way. I've carried well before there was a license for it.:thumbsup:

·
So long
2,739 Posts
If you did that now in the United States you'd be robbed or worse in a heartbeat--if you were alone. When you are asleep, you are defenseless against the 'hoodie' crowd, pot smokers, drunks and dopers.

I've heard tell of people doing that in rest areas on the Interstates but I guess they were just unaware that thugs target people in these rest stops as easy pickings....
That's how Michael Jordan's father died in 1993. After attending a funeral in Charlotte he pulled into a rest stop for a nap. He was shot in his sleep by two 18 year olds.

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
Guess that is the norm now that we have no rules or regulations on who enters this country. It was questionable enough back in 85. I would never consider it now.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I like the last pic with the kitty cat. My cat got downstairs the other day and I found her curled up under the bike cover laying on my bike. I wouldn't mind, but she will get declawed the hard way if she scratches my bike....

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
You simply are not drinking enough bud!!!:D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What can you do on a parked bike....um,hee, hee, heee,,,,quite a bit.........your balancing skills definitely will be tested out........K, trying to get my mind out of gutter, but it's very very hard for me to do................

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
What can you do on a parked bike....um,hee, hee, heee,,,,quite a bit.........your balancing skills definitely will be tested out........K, trying to get my mind out of gutter, but it's very very hard for me to do................
Now my mother will never let me take my Girlfriend on a ride! (gee can you read my mind zippy?)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts