·
Visionary
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
Missed it. :(

I instead worked on an Air Compressor in the Barn and started power washing and detailing one of my ZTR mowers that I'm going to sell. Then I power washed my Dodge Ram Bighorn Pickup. Then I napped. :)

Sam

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
25,278 Posts
detailing one of my ZTR mowers that I'm going to sell.
Are you getting ready for a Ferris Sam? I went to our nearest dealer a few days ago. Got their full brochure. Unfortunately this dealer only has one left. A little 48" "S" model. Not interested in it but he says he won't get anymore until next year. Supply problems. But looking at the brochure I can see I'd certainly like to get maybe a 61 or 72 inch diesel model. It ain't cheap though. Yikes!!! Sure does look like a sweet ride for mowing. I'd like to take my micrometers with me the next time I'm over there as looking at the blades, I think they are thicker than the ones on my current mower that I occasionally bend. My Land Pride dealer used to be able to get heavy duty blades that fit but he went out of business. My ZTR looks just like my Land Pride but he says there are no heavy duty blades. The Ferris looks like the heavy blades I used to be able to get. Just and observation.

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
I want the Ferris 3200 or 3300, 61 inch, 35 hp Kawasaki or 37 hp Briggs with 6 qt oil guard.

The attached picture is my Heavy Duty Commercial Big Dog, 60 inch, 35 hp Kawasaki, Radiator and HD fan cooled, ZT 5400 Pumps.

Attachments

·
Visionary
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m starting to feel very small and inadequate here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
At least your Lil Troy Built mower has 'Cruise control,' none of my ZTR's do!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a similar mower mike a Husky 54 inch, 25 hp, Hydro drive that has about 50 hours on it since new. It took 6 hours to mow what now takes me 2.5 to do, hauling Uranus. The Husky sits and gathers dust.

Your Beautiful bikes makes up for your mower inadequacies!

Sam ;)

·
25,278 Posts
Darn Sam, I wish my property was that level and debris free. I got trees everywhere that drop limbs all the time due to west Texas winds. I'll be danged if I know where the rocks come from. You'd think by now I'd have hit and removed all of them but I keep finding new ones to hit. I'd have to look at the brochure but that model you want only has the 5.5 gallon tank or is it the 11 gallon? I've got to have the 11 gallon or I'll run out when I'm the furthest from my fuel tanks. Switch over has saved my bacon numerous times. By the way @mike721, I had to add 4 inches to each side of my lift like yours when I triked the Indian. I originally thought it would be wide enough but it wasn't. That's in case when you get old and feeble and go with a trike of some kind.

Reactions: Porky and mike721

·
Visionary
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darn Sam, I wish my property was that level and debris free. I got trees everywhere that drop limbs all the time due to west Texas winds. I'll be danged if I know where the rocks come from. You'd think by now I'd have hit and removed all of them but I keep finding new ones to hit. I'd have to look at the brochure but that model you want only has the 5.5 gallon tank or is it the 11 gallon? I've got to have the 11 gallon or I'll run out when I'm the furthest from my fuel tanks. Switch over has saved my bacon numerous times. By the way @mike721, I had to add 4 inches to each side of my lift like yours when I triked the Indian. I originally thought it would be wide enough but it wasn't. That's in case when you get old and feeble and go with a trike of some kind.
Wow that trike must be wide, I would have thought it would fit too.
I need to make a longer ramp or a wood piece to go under the ramp on mine,I found that some Indian Scouts bottom out going up it. Putting a 5/4 deck board under it solves the problem so it's just a little bit more I need. Unless I get fancy and cut the concrete and sink the lift into the floor flush. I thought that would be slick but I'm not sure I want to do that much work.

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
Hey Larry, the Ferris holds 11 gallons total as does my Big Dog and my Snapper Pro.

Sam:)

·
25,278 Posts
Yeah, I looked at the brochure again this morning but it’s the diesel model I’m wanting and it does have the 11 gallon capacity.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,426 Posts
So.... This is now the official mower thread🤭

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
Stopped in to the local dealer today and this little beauty caught my eye. I think it might be time to upgrade from my 2100. This little creampuff, with a 72" deck and a 48 HP CAT Diesel engine will only run you a cool $29,999.

Active
Sam Porter replied
·I need more 'stimulus checks' before I can afford that.
🤣

·
25,278 Posts
That's the one. And now you know what's holding me back. I'm not that privileged. Got to feed a lot more lazy people hamburgers or BBQ ribs to cough that much up. Let me know how you like it in the real world Sam. (y)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
8,954 Posts
Not for me Larry! I just saw it posted on my Ferris FaceBook page and thought you'd like a look.

It sure be Purdy though and I bet it will get the job done for the big commercial mowing businesses. With what they charge, an average of $40 minimum per acre, they do make a lot of money! My 7 acres, mowed weekly @ $280 per week doesn't make sense when it takes me 2.5 to 3 hours to do. Around $100 per hour is a little steep.

I should mow this morning but I need to attend a 'Community BBQ' at the Joplin Jasper/ Newton County, Salvation Army, since I am the Chairman of the Board of Advisors and should be there.

The famous saying of "Always put off until tomorrow what could be done today,' well known to RETIREE's is applicable here!

Sam:)

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,426 Posts
The famous saying of "Always put off until tomorrow what could be done today,' well known to RETIREE's is applicable here!
That's not just for retiree's 🤭

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Sweet that there is a day to ride. But I do not need an official day.
BUT. Tomorrow is this year's official Tiddler ride. Bikes under 250cc and over 25 qualify. Bonus points for two strokes.
We will tour Salt Spring Island. I will get an early ferry tomorrow with Greta inside the van. Travel Nanaimo to Crofton, park and unload. Another ferry to Salt Spring. Meet up with the local riders, and begin the tour. Will not be a fast ride, as many bikes have trouble doing 50. There will be a matching Kawasaki in the ride, in blue. UK

·
25,278 Posts
Not for me Larry! I just saw it posted on my Ferris FaceBook page and thought you'd like a look.
You can step down one notch to the IS2600 with a Yanmar diesel with a 61 inch cut. I'm even afraid to price it. But boy would my back appreciate one of those bad boys.

(I finally brought the brochure out from the reading room to the computer)

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I used to pull a five foot mower with my 41 Ford 9N. Needs chains to hold the front of the mower, and an override clutch.
Sold the mower. Do not need it on my half acre spread. UK

·
Visionary
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: CRracer712
1 - 20 of 23 Posts