Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first saw it, I thought it had the Indian SCOUT engine in it but I guess it's all new stuff.

That little scout engine probably has lots of hop-up potential.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Engine

I had read somewhere that they were building a special Indian to run at Bonneville. They wanted to match Burt's run of 204 mph. Was for advertising purposes.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
Cool, I wish them well with the project.

It's logical to use the Victory badge instead of the Indian badge.
Victory is more of a progressive brand with new design features, new tech, and forward thinking elements. Indian has the heritage of the name and more of a flavor of nostalgia; with all the baggage (good and bad) that comes along with that image.

Can't wait to see the results:icon_cool:

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Very cool!

Interesting that they blurred out the engine.
That's what I wanted to see, the engine! I couldn't see enuogh of the plastic mock-up either.

I wish them luck, and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

On the other hand, they keep on with, " Indian is the century-old brand with a solid racing pedigree. "

No it isn't. :)

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
When I first saw it, I thought it had the Indian SCOUT engine in it but I guess it's all new stuff.

That little scout engine probably has lots of hop-up potential.

I would think the Scout engine would have been a logical choice. Give it dual throttle bodies, a boost in compression, hotter cams, and a chassis to match, and you would have something that could be a strong contender I feel.

·
American Legion Rider
19,439 Posts
My personal hope is they are trying a new triple. I love my triples and Indian/Victory/Polaris could use a good triple.

·
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The scout has NO push rods.

We’re here to tell you the bike feels good, and a primary part of this is the 69ci (1,133cc), liquid-cooled, 60-degree, V-twin engine that uses chain-driven DOHC and four valves per cylinder fed by a single 60mm throttle body. It’s a semi-dry sump design with a 9,000-rpm redline. High-ish 10.7:1 compression makes it hungry for high-test. The Scout produced 86 hp at 7,730 rpm and 64 pound-feet of torque at 3,320 rpm on the CW dyno. The bigger story on the torque curve is that there are more than 60 pound-feet from 2,400 to 7,400 rpm, and it is a gorgeous straight line of smooth delivery. The cylinders and heads have no fake cooling fins but do have structural ribbing and other aluminum-colored accents. From Cycle world mag.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The scout has NO push rods.

We’re here to tell you the bike feels good, and a primary part of this is the 69ci (1,133cc), liquid-cooled, 60-degree, V-twin engine that uses chain-driven DOHC and four valves per cylinder fed by a single 60mm throttle body. It’s a semi-dry sump design with a 9,000-rpm redline. High-ish 10.7:1 compression makes it hungry for high-test. The Scout produced 86 hp at 7,730 rpm and 64 pound-feet of torque at 3,320 rpm on the CW dyno. The bigger story on the torque curve is that there are more than 60 pound-feet from 2,400 to 7,400 rpm, and it is a gorgeous straight line of smooth delivery. The cylinders and heads have no fake cooling fins but do have structural ribbing and other aluminum-colored accents. From Cycle world mag.

You're right. The Scout did have overhead cams.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Since Harley crapped out with the XR1200 by not giving a good enough effort at building something other than cruisers or touring bikes it is heartening to see another American company trying to build a sport bike. If this leads to a production model it will probably be very expensive though.

·
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Give me an XR1200 with a 5 gallon tank and a better seat and I'd get one right now.

I have a new 4.5 gallon Sportster tank with the matching seat (2004-2006) so maybe that would work!!!!! Not, the fuel pump is in the tank on the FI sporties.

Sam:biggrin:

·
9,226 Posts
I would like to see a performance modded XR1200 go up against a Confederate Motors Helcat. That would be an interesting matchup.

·
9,226 Posts
The Helcat would smoke it.
Depends on who mods the XR1200, and what he does for mods. Also, a lot depends on if you're talking straight line, twisties, or what have ya.

I have seen some Sportster engines re-worked to push out some serious power, and there are ways to make the suspension, steering, brakes, ect right up there with anything that Confederate puts out.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts