Interesting.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Ooooh that's one to keep around for a while. Love it! ♥

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Well I posted the link at a couple of places. Surely can't hurt to get more to see it. I took the extra time to transfer it to YouTube for those that don't have or use Facebook. The more eyes the better I think.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Well done. But the voice of the biker sounded so much like John Belushi in "Blues Brothers". Personally, I think having a modulating headlight does a lot to make even an inattentive driver less likely to turn left in front of a motorcycle.

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
Very disturbing.
As intended.
Good video.

Reactions: Porky

·
Resident of Munchkin Land
229 Posts
Around here (Suffolk County Long Island) drivers cut off other drivers like this all the time. They can't even judge the speed and distance of a car/truck/SUV so forget about motorcycles.

The intent of this video is great but I doubt 1% of drivers (who don't ride) will see this video. We as motorcycle riders have to be extra careful.

I've only bee riding since last September but one thing I've noticed is when a drivers SEES me, they tend to yield. Like if me and a driver stop at opposite stop signs the driver almost always make some sort of indication for me to go first.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
In last nights news, a State Trouper was arrested for pulling a weapon and aiming it at someone. The story is he was off duty on the beltway around Baltimore and felt he was cut off by another driver. After pulling up along side said vehicle several times and giving them the finger, he pulled his weapon and the rest is history.

Be careful it is getting dangerous out there.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Sounds like y'all catching up with Dallas. That's not a good thing by the way.:grin:

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
When something happens where what I did obviously offends another driver, and they do something to show their unhappiness with me, rather than "giving the finger" I used to smile broadly and wave, as if to say "hi, thanks". I knew that this would really piss off the other driver, seeming to show that I totally misunderstood what he was communicating to me. But I no longer do this, because I have no desire to escalate a road rage situation into actual violence. I always ride or drive with a loaded firearm on my person, but even if I am justified in ever using that gun, it will be a nightmare for me. So I try not to let myself react in any way that would make things worse. I try to just ignore the situation and go on my way.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Ignoring is such a good tool. Can be used in so many places. Just don't try it with your wife though. That's a whole other ballgame.:grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts