Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what others may have gotten as far as insurance rates for a Yamaha R6. I was quoted recently for about $57/month. Does that sound low/high, or just about right?

Thanks in advance!

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
A lot of the price is going to depend on age, coverage, location, driving record, and possibly even credit history.

I would get several quotes. It's surprising how much companies can differ for the same coverage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 20 and Geico was looking to charge me almost $200/month just for liability, not full coverage. Take into account, i haven't put up a year yet on their policy as a rider, also have around 2 citations that increased my quote. IMO $57/month is pretty good

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I pay $30 a month for full coverage with towing on two bikes and liability on one. No performance bikes, just cruisers. It was only $24 a month but I upped the coverage and brought the deductible down to $100.

Just checked, it went down to under $350 a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 20 and Geico was looking to charge me almost $200/month just for liability, not full coverage. Take into account, i haven't put up a year yet on their policy as a rider, also have around 2 citations that increased my quote. IMO $57/month is pretty good
I'm having the same issue getting insurance as well because of the cost. Looking into having it under my dads name and adding me as a rider on the policy.

·
├•┤ Pew Pew
1,660 Posts
I am 32 and pay $27.36 a month for insurance on my R6 for 100/300/100 (normal coverage) with 500 deductible full coverage. Also 100/300 underinsured and uninsured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts