Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Marius, I'm a norwegian guy moving to orlando in 5 weeks, I'm signed up for a MSF course on arrival, then I'm taking my motorcycle endorsement at the DMV and I haven't got my SSN yet, so I was wondering of anybody here could help me out a little with a insurance qoute on a Ninja 250.

I wanna get myself a Kawasaki Ninja 250 (2005-2009 model), but I'm wondering how much aprox, this will cost me for a year of insurance?

the factors determining is:
I'm 20, unmarried, with no record. No tickets, no accidents, nothing.
The bikes would be parked in a secured parking lot at the Walt Disney Epcot center.
I'm member of the norwegian national insurance scheme. and CRYSTAL disney insurance.
I'm experienced with motorcross and mopeds for many years but NO experience with motorcycles. I have proof showing my driving skills with car but :S

thanks for ANY help at all

sincerely, Marius

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
You can get quotes without a social security number. However, you won't actually to be able to buy it.

I'd reckon you're looking at the $1000ish a year mark for decent coverage (and you'll want that in Orlando). Given your age (a BIG factor), your bike choice (sport bike), and the location, I'd say that would be a decent estimate.

Of course, you really won't know ANYTHING until you start getting quotes.

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
Like I said, that's only a guess. Progressive wants $600/year for me (liability only) in rural West Virginia. I'm also 3 years older than you. Once you factor in age and traffic conditions (there's a lot more traffic in Orlando, and very likely many more motorcycle accidents than here in WV) and you can easily see $1000/year.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I too am 20, unmarried, clean record and own a Ninja 250. I pay 148 per year for everything but collision through State Farm.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Location is the biggest factor. if you live someplace that has a winter, your rates will be a lot lower since the bike is most likely in storage a good part of the year. That's a pretty low risk for the insurance company.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took a quote at progressive.

$864.56,- full year.

Policy Coverages
Bodily Injury: $25.000 - $50.000
Property Damage:$10.000

Vehicle #1 - 2008 KAWASAKI NINJA 250R
Comprehensive: $100 deductible
Collision: $250 deductible