Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my buddy and i were working on my bike the other day and had just finished leveling suspension on my bike. When my buddy put the kickstand down the bike stayed up, but after what seemed like a fingertip touch, the bike fell over, snapped my clutch lever, and the entire left cowl is scratched and scuffed really bad. I was planning on selling my bike, which was in mint condition. Does anyone know whether or not insurance covers stuff such as a motorcycle simply falling over?

j

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes. There is a deductible in your policy which you must pay, and the insurance will pick up any costs above that amount... IF you bought COMP & COLLISION Insurance

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,835 Posts
It all depends on your policy, go find it and read it. It will tell you what is covered and what isn't. If you can't understand what it says, bite the bullet and call your agent and ask him.

·
American Legion Rider
21,185 Posts
I'm lazy. First thing I'd do is call the insurance company and ask. That's what phones are for. Not playing games.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Call your agent first (if you bought through one). A GOOD agent will or should give you all the help you need. If you have a lousy agent that disses you, find another company or at least a better representative for the one you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts