Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I just realized I have a Pan America shaped hole in the fleet.....

:surprise:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Not your mother's Harley, that is for sure.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That Pan America adventure bike looks ready for the apocalypse. I'm not the target audience for any of those, but I get why they have to do that.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Oh man, I love the look of that Pan America! It's like something out of a videogame or a movie. ♥

·
V65 Junky
446 Posts
There hasn't been a Harley new product launch that they succeeded. They tried an adventure bike in the 70's.

I truly hope they have more success this time but they are late to the party in the most competitive segment with excellent products already on the market. What does this bike have that is better?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I mean, initially, the biggest draw is probably that it is different? It'll have to deliver the goods in terms of function and whatnot to survive long term though.

As someone who has had a few adventure bikes (most notably a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200), if I wanted another one, I'd be all over the Harley just because its cool/different. As an American, regardless of the obvious global economy and supply chains, I'll always feel better about giving my money to a company primarily based in America where I live. Whether I'd actually buy it or not, well, that would depend on the bike itself and how good it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts