Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed some aftermarket LED indicators. As I think is fairly common, they flashed very quickly. Research told me that resisters would slow this down. Now, the indicatos only flash (still quickly) when I keep my thumb on the button.
Does anyone know what might have gone wrong when installing them? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
You need to let the electrical gurus know what make/year/model bike you have done this on. It might be a canbus system that needs special attention or something else along those lines.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
OK, many bikes have signal switches that return to center, and the signal stays on until you press the switch in while centered to un-latch the switch. Is this your type? If so, this video may help get it working again:

To correct the switch rate, you should search for a LED-compatible signal relay that will fit; these are independent of the load, so the flash rate will not change when the bulbs go out, like the stock relay.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Yup yup, I think you'll at minimum need an electronic signal relay that works with LEDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts