Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled a few of my Antique Tools from the Box toady and thought you Indian Guys may get a kick out of my small collection of pre 1932 Indian Motocycle Tools.
For the educated Indian Collector you are aware that the Motocycle is not a Mis-spelling.
The R was not added to Motorcycles until 1933.
These tools date back to 1919 - 1932.

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
MOTOCYCLES:confused:

I just learned something today---cool:smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Nice collection! Now, was that what a complete tool kit would have had in it? Or are there different tools from different models and so forth? I've never seen any original Indian tools. I do have a couple antique Ford wrenches, but they're probably a dime a dozen.

Maybe that's why Indian went out of business? They couldn't spell.:smile:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Nice car, and thanks for the lesson - learned something new today!

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Nice collection! Now, was that what a complete tool kit would have had in it? Or are there different tools from different models and so forth? I've never seen any original Indian tools. I do have a couple antique Ford wrenches, but they're probably a dime a dozen.

Maybe that's why Indian went out of business? They couldn't spell.:smile:
Well, Eye, I have 4 Ford 'T' coils, 6 volts d.c. in, 10,000 out, wired it up to the door knob for English class back in J.H.
All it got me was dragged to the pricipal's office, teacher had absolutely no sense of humor. Some biker told me, that he
took one of these coils and hooked to a spark plug fitted into the exhaust, fired up the coil an pulled the choke, looked
even better at night.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I saw that one time several years ago. A guy was revving his bike wired up like that and lit off the extra coil and it was pretty cool looking. I had no idea how he did it until he showed us. He did it again after he rode into the bar and he had a few people jumping up from their tables.

Now I've heard you can get a whole kit with an extra coil, weld in bungs, and everything, to set up your "after burner."

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Pulled a few of my Antique Tools from the Box toady and thought you Indian Guys may get a kick out of my small collection of pre 1932 Indian Motocycle Tools.

For the educated Indian Collector you are aware that the Motocycle is not a Mis-spelling.
The R was not added to Motorcycles until 1933.

These tools date back to 1919 - 1932.

Was aware that Indian started out spelling it Motocycle but didn't know the year it changed .. Good Info and would love to have some old original tools like that ..

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
There are people that would spend plenty for those. I ain't one of them but they are interesting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big Tool Porky

Porky's tool is larger than Mine!
Must take a huge bag to hold those old implements!
Got mine from a Biker Buddy of mine that owed me some money.
He had these tools mounted on a cardboard sheet in a display.
He only owed me $40 so I think I scored.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More Indian Collection

My Indian collection is not restricted to only Motocycles.
I have an Antique Pinball machine, Arrowhead by Williams dates to 1956.
Any Indian worth his salt would have a Peace Pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pipe origins

That pipe was given to me after a Blues Festival I Produced in the late 80's by my Stage Crew.
I have no information where it comes from but I am very proud to have it.
I keep it packed with quality Weed and is always at arms reach to mellow any Stressful Issues that may crop up.
It does not get as much use in my later years but it is good to know that it is loaded for Bear!

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Possibly Navajo or Cherokee but lean more toward Navajo.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts