1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Yes he does, and it looks like Crash just bought one as well

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Seems like Crash likes it. My big fault is that I wish you could get the pegs even further back than the short leg peg mounts bring them. Another two inches on top of that, combined with the short reach seat and drag bars, and that would make the Scout VERY comfy for me.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Took Delivery on my Scout 12/14/2014 .. 7,000+ Miles Later am loving it .. Only real complaint I have is the Suspension which looking into now ..

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Indian has a lot bigger company building them than they have had in a long time. As long as people buy them, they will stay around.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
May have to go try one out. Hopefully indian will hang around this time.
Polaris isn't going anywhere but up in sales. So Indian is here to stay I think.:wink:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My wife's loving her red Scout she's put about 4000km on it so far!
Only problem so far was a blown rear shock which the dealer fixed pretty quickly.
I like it pretty good too except that it feels too "small" compared to my Raider.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My big fault is that I wish you could get the pegs even further back than the short leg peg mounts bring them. Another two inches on top of that, combined with the short reach seat and drag bars, and that would make the Scout VERY comfy for me.
IIRC there isn't enough fuel tankage for discomfort to become an issue. What is that, a three gallon tank? What is it with all these sub-liter/liter+ bikes and tiny tanks these days?

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
IIRC there isn't enough fuel tankage for discomfort to become an issue. What is that, a three gallon tank? What is it with all these sub-liter/liter+ bikes and tiny tanks these days?
I think it's for looks more than anything else. I've never heard a rider say that they wish they had less range before having to fill up again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My 250 Rebel holds half a gallon more than a Sportster Forty Eight or 72. Bikes like the Yamaha Bolt and Indian Scout probably have a half gallon advantage over the Rebel tank. The difference is my "tiny tank" works because my Rebel consistently yields over 70mpg. You don't utilize a 250 tank on a liter bike for the same reason you don't slap a Civic tank into a Mack truck. ;)

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
It does not take long for my hips to cramp up if my feet are too far forward for comfort.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
3.3 Gallon Tank when get the Fuel Light Takes about 2.7 Gallons to Fill It ..

·
Registered
427 Posts
What is your typical fuel economy like for that 2.7g fill up? I only ask as we have plenty of roads out here that go over 100 miles with nothing in between. And I do mean nothing.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
What is your typical fuel economy like for that 2.7g fill up? I only ask as we have plenty of roads out here that go over 100 miles with nothing in between. And I do mean nothing.
After Break in Been averaging 45-47 MPG .. Unless Really Honk it like I did getting to the Dealer on the Interstate doing 85 MPH all the way .. Then was around 40 ..

This was at 121 Miles Fuel Light came on at 115 ..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts