Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't do a Search for a Verification Thread but got it straight from the Dealer that Indian Scout has halted production due to Quality Control Issues .. Best source that I can find appears to be Paint, and know of several that did have Paint problems in Red anyway not sure of any other colors involved .. Some that were expecting Deliveries in Late December and January may be getting theirs in February now but better to catch it now than later .. Meanwhile I have turned over 2,000 Miles on mine and enjoying the hell out of it .. :71baldboy:

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
You've got to expect a few minor glitches in first year models, especially when they're setting up an entirely new production line. I don't think a slight delay in order to ensure paint quality is a big issue.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks Joe yes my wife is STILL waiting for her pre-ordered ( red :( ) Scout.

The last I heard, her dealer had about 30 Scouts pre-ordered, starting from August 2014. So far they've only received 3.

But I guess the good news is, her bike should have 1 less potential teething problem now that Indian has fixed a known bug. Hows your red paint? OK?

Congrats on +2K ridden! Thank GOD it's winter here & we couldn't ride the bike now even if we did already get it. If timing were different & it was summer now,, there'd be HELL to pay if Indian were making us wait extra long for the Scout!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Glad to hear they are taking care of their problems now. Hopefully yours isn't one that will have a paint problem. I have to agree that is a nice fun looking bike!

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I do have small bubble on mine which plan to address with the Dealer at 2500 Mile Service but this is the only real complaint that have about the Scout so far ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
18,544 Posts
Wow. Is the red a wood grain paint job or is that light effects?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,456 Posts
Good one eye.

Does look that way Hog, that would be a hell of a paint job

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Actually think the lighting gave it a wood grain look .. Other than those couple of small bubbles the Paint really looks good but if they want to give me a New tank because of it I'll take it, as long as they don't want my original tank until have a replacement ready to go with their delays on receiving things .. Have put a Memphis Shades Shield on it as couldn't see $450.00 for their OEM Shield when got this one for $150.00 and actually think it looks better and gives just as good protection ..

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Yeah it does.

I like the blacked out lowers too. I hope they stay looking good longer in this humid salty air then the coated aluminum ones most bikes have. I bet they will.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waiting for my Scout too long...

I ordered a red Scout last September from Arlen Ness in Dublin, Ca. and gave a $500.00 deposit. Here it is the middle of March and I'm still waiting. This is ridiculous. :frown:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I ordered a red Scout last September from Arlen Ness in Dublin, Ca. and gave a $500.00 deposit. Here it is the middle of March and I'm still waiting. This is ridiculous. :frown:
I think Gator Joe hit the nail on the head!! I have heard from several people....Indian has a Quality Control issue with PAINT!
Hope its resolved soon and you get your bike.
Friend of mine is doing custom paint for a local Indian Dealer on new bikes they are ordering in primer ( Chiefs).
If you want to see what one looks like pm me and Ill tell ya where on fb to look.
Regards
Ed

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple of Updated Pictures and also an update on a Service Bulletin on the Rear Master Cylinder was a possible bad Snap Ring on the Piston Assembly .. Dealership said mine was fine but checked it anyway and was all good .. Only thing am needing now is the Passenger Back Rest and the new Tank both on Order but no date when will be here .. But otherwise it's Running Strong ..

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Gator Joe: sure wish you had had your Indian along when we met up in Daytona this past January. I'd love to have seen it up close. I'm becoming more and more an Indian fan. Maybe one day (dream,wish).

-Soupy

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would have loved to show it off Soupy but not set up for 2 Up yet and Lucy wanted to come along .. Will be picking up my Passenger pegs today but doubt even then she will want to ride on it until get the Backrest .. This Scout has been a Joy to Ride since got it .. Looking Forward to the Ride taking on it today down to Ocala to pick up the Pegs ..

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
I'm going to make it a point to visit an Indian Dealership and take a really close look at the Vintage model.

Too bad that Indian hasn't gone that last step, and put the seat up on springs like they USED to be!!

Other than that, I'm really a fan of the 111 and the look of the Vintage.

Absolutely, get a backrest!!

Hey, I heard one review of an Indian, in which the guy was saying that there is a tendency to burn your leg on the the pipes (location issue?). Your thoughts?

-Soupy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts