·
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sam Porter <[email protected]
$7,500 OBO
Carthage, MO
Sam Porter <[email protected]>

2018 Scout.

Purchased 3 months ago at the Indian Dealer in Ozark, Missouri, where the first service was completed and the accessories installed.

Accessories: Quick attach/ detach Indian windscreen with leather pouch. Indian engine guard. Indian luggage rack. Real quality Viking leather saddlebags. Leather fringe lever covers and a charging pigtail. Ready to tour.

1,500 easy rural country miles ridden by a 72 year old man. Broken in by the book.

The condition is as new and is detailed, covered and ready to go. Never been ridden in nor left out in the rain.

The water cooled V-twin, fuel injected engine is quite powerful and has lots of torque. 1000 cc's. Belt drive. I get 50+ mpg/

$7,500 or best offer.

******Price lowered on 10-21-2019:surprise:

417-388-1233

·
Registered
657 Posts
If my garage wasn't already full, if I wasn't retired, if I had the money, if I wasn't your age, and if I know for a fact that the wife would pack her bags if I brought home another bike, I'd jump on that so fast your head would spin, Sam.

That's a hell of a good buy for some lucky buyer!

·
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throw caution to the wind! Go for it!:smile_big::smile_big::smile_big::smile_big::smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
657 Posts
The last time I threw caution to the wind, I ended up getting married. See reason #5 for not getting the bike. LOL.

Seriously though, why are you getting rid of it? Too much bike for you? Just scaling down? It really is a 'big' bike for guys our age. I'd need help just picking up my Suzy 1000 these days.

·
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Scout weighs 525 lbs wet.:grin:

My last couple of bikes have been much more powerful and heavy, like my Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster, my Honda CTX1300D and my 2012 Goldwing was a portly lad:wink2: All were in the 800 to 900+ lb range.:surprise:

Actually, I want something like a full size dresser Indian, 950lbs or the Electra Glide, which weighs about the same. They are slow but have nice torque which is all I need now. This Scout will actually outrun both of the bikes I just mentioned.:smile:

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
You'd be surprised at the bigger Indians Sam. My Roadmaster(with a tuner) has hit 125mph on the speedo, 120mph on the GPS. But it took miles to do it. The Scout can do it in a about an eighth the distance or even less. But the big boy will get there. They all were able to out run any Harely but they up'ed their game and caught up. I think, but not positive, the new Indians are back on top. But like I say, it takes miles to get over in the triple numbers. Up to 95mph not so bad but from there on it takes open road or track.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think I was asleep for about a decade or so – that last Indian I looked at up close was one of the “S&S motor” jobs that a local guy was riding – the next I knew they were all new machines, ruling flat-track racing and generally invigorated and revitalized… fortunately (for me) I’ve already spent my bike money for the year, but Indian is an eye-opener…

·
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really, what I like most about Indian's, especially the big twins like Larry, Hogcowboy has (I've seen it in person) is the Nostalgic and antique looks of the entire bike but especially the ENGINE, it is an absolute work of art!:grin::grin: All that beautiful and REAL Leather is gorgeous! I have a fully equipped Leather shop on the premises of my Computer/ IT/ ISP business and when I decide to get into making Leather accessories for Indian's, believe me, My bottom line will look really good as every little piece is at least $100 and up!:smile_big:

Of course, the advanced technology is there also as much or more so than their big competitor, HD:wink2:

To me, at this time in life, speed isn't as important as riding the torque curve and 115 to 130 ft lbs of torque at very low RPM's just makes riding a big bike fun:wink2: My past Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster was and still is the 'Torque King,' excluding the 'Boss Hoss' bikes if they are even still being produced:surprise:

Indian supposedly is having their new top of the line, 125 Horsepower, 'Water cooled,' V-twin powered super touring bike ready to release to the public any day now but to me, the new engine lost all of the nostalgia as it looks like the old Victory engine with the fins covered with a water jacket---UGLY:surprise:

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
They are also about to release a fixed fairing bike. Dealers have been told about it but have been kept in the dark on release date. I'm truly curious about that one. Not that I'll trade mine. Nope, I ain't you Sam. ha ha ha And a bigger engine, we'll see. Like I need more torque. I take off in second all the time and 3rd when I'm daydreaming. Yeah, it has torque.

·
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$7,300 as of 12-13-2019. The 2018 Scout has over $1,500 worth of quality accessories, so the bike itself is a real bargain as new 2019 and 2020's are selling for over $10,000 stripped. Only 1,651 miles:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts