Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris has trademarked "Indian Raven". Hmmmmm, gets a guy wondering.
https://www.webbikeworld.com/indian...fWSw9SiL3LtUovvYMYYda1oI3BddHkaQiYqlhOOlTz4rU

With the patent filing comes little to no information about what the Indian Raven could be. The placement of the two words together suggests it will be a separate bike not a variant of the current lineup. While a Raven variant of a Chieftain or Scout sounds like it could be a cool thing, Indian probably has something else up its sleeve.

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
How come when I heard the name Indian Raven I immediately thought that would be a great name for a new version of my favorite ex Polaris product. See my profile picture if you don't know me very well :)
Maybe the long rumored Vision 2.0 with the 2 liter liquid cooled motor (Goldwing killer) that was in development and testing for Victory for years before Indian came along... re-badged as an Indian.

One can dream, right?

Polaris has trademarked "Indian Raven". Hmmmmm, gets a guy wondering.
https://www.webbikeworld.com/indian...fWSw9SiL3LtUovvYMYYda1oI3BddHkaQiYqlhOOlTz4rU

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very well could be. Indian needs to start doing different things so as not to be pigeon holed like HD. They started with the traditional big inch, air cooled cruisers. And they made a good move with the Scout and FTR. A Vision 2.0 would be nice. And probably sell well. But I'd like to see a real performance bike. Something completely out of the usual Indian box, to help diversify the brand into more than a cruiser manufacturer. Something competitive with Ducati or the BMW RR, and the bikes from Japan. Or heck, a solid sport touring or even ADV touring bike would work.

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
Since Indian has been trying so hard to capture the style and the spirit of the original Indians, I'm just wondering how long it will be before they come out with a new Indian Four, straight line four cylinder engine, reminiscent of the coolest Indian ever.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Maybe it will be an early entry into the electric motorcycle realm. When the battery gets drained the Raven will run "nevermore".

Reactions: Porky

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Since Indian has been trying so hard to capture the style and the spirit of the original Indians, I'm just wondering how long it will be before they come out with a new Indian Four, straight line four cylinder engine, reminiscent of the coolest Indian ever.
Boy would I love to see that!!

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
My past 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster was in line like the old Indian Fours and I like the look and the ease of maintenance with everything in the open.:smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
Those Rocket 3s were cool as all hell.
Can't imagine why you ever got rid of it.
Saw a beautiful girl riding one of the big ones, 2300 cc or something like that, recently!
Wow! Couldn't tell which was more beautiful, her or the bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts