Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
(Mods please remove if not allowed.) I'm just about to list the set that came on my Intruder. Nothing wrong with them, appear to be real leather, just not my style. If you're interested pm me and I'll send more info. I noticed there's no brackets on your bike so keep in mind that whatever you choose, you'll need to install some brackets to keep them stable and away from hot/moving parts. In my search for replacement bags I've noticed the particular shape of the brackets isn't commonly available, at least not on Amazon/ebay type places.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(Mods please remove if not allowed.) I'm just about to list the set that came on my Intruder. Nothing wrong with them, appear to be real leather, just not my style. If you're interested pm me and I'll send more info. I noticed there's no brackets on your bike so keep in mind that whatever you choose, you'll need to install some brackets to keep them stable and away from hot/moving parts. In my search for replacement bags I've noticed the particular shape of the brackets isn't commonly available, at least not on Amazon/ebay type places. View attachment 74133
That's what I'm trying to find out what brackets can I install with wich type of saddle bags I just wish there was a forum here telling me what to buy and how to install it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've found that googling 2001 Suzuki Intruder doesn't lead one to a wealth of information as far as aftermarket parts and advice. I'm trying to find a set of freeway bars for mine and haven't had much luck yet.
If you'd like, I can take pictures of the brackets on mine and provide measurements, so that when you're shopping you can see what might fit. They actually bolt on through that curved bar and come out from behind the fender, so the stand off is a lot further than the universal brackets I've been seeing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found that googling 2001 Suzuki Intruder doesn't lead one to a wealth of information as far as aftermarket parts and advice. I'm trying to find a set of freeway bars for mine and haven't had much luck yet.
If you'd like, I can take pictures of the brackets on mine and provide measurements, so that when you're shopping you can see what might fit. They actually bolt on through that curved bar and come out from behind the fender, so the stand off is a lot further than the universal brackets I've been seeing.
Yeah if you could please that would be awesome and see if I can find those brackets

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I typed in good saddlebags for a Sportster and there was several saddlebags under $100. Some didn't have very good reviews, but if you move up into the $150 range, there were some with very good reviews. These were all the leather, or faux leather, throw over type.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts