Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some help here!
I have recently bought a Malaysian import motorcycle called a Honda Beat from a random guy. Only problem is I need to do some repairs and cannot find any info at all! Including parts!
Usually with bikes like this you find they were produced in other countries but called something different but so far I cannot even find a picture of one.
Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks image below

Attachments

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
When you do a web search, search for "Honda Beat R" or "Honda LS110". Many results, including facebook groups dedicated to them. Hope that helps.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
When you do a web search, search for "Honda Beat R" or "Honda LS110". Many results, including facebook groups dedicated to them. Hope that helps.
Well that's more better. There's even a car by that name(Beat). Crazy world!

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Is the bike actually made by Honda? If not, I would seriously consider getting out from under it. There have been many threads here from people who have these bikes made in 3rd world countries, usually southeast Asia (China mostly) and the stories always end badly. My favorite was a teacher who had taken a job in Honduras for the year and wanted a bike to ride up the mountain everyday to get to the school before the kids got there. He asked us what he should buy, and the choices were between 2 Chinese bikes that no one had ever heard of and a Yamaha 125. To a man everyone said he should buy the Yamaha. Well, it cost more, and the Chinese bike was warrantied, and it would only be for a year. Then we asked him why he bothered asking since he already knew what our answer would be. His mind was made up, he was buying the cheap Chinese piece of ****. Literally 2 or 3 weeks later he was back on here in the repair section asking us how to fix vacuum leaks and gas problems and electrical troubles because, although it was warrantied, he was in Honduras and no one knew how to fix the dang thing, and they couldn't get parts, and instead of riding the Yamaha up and down the hill and back everyday he was staying up until midnight after work trying to get his wheels situated. I don't know that he ever got that thing to take him to school for an entire week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks guys, I can at least start to put this puzzle together now.
I am sure it is made by Honda but Honda Thailand or something as it's built a bit cheep. Only done 1764 km from new though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts