Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spoiled and I didn't realize just how badly till last night.

I'm used to riding my Victory Vision, soft cushy barcalounger for a seat, heat if needed, power window, full fairings, 3 LED headlights, ride it in the rain and don't get wet, dashboard out in front on the fairing, floorboards and all that good stuff, pretty much everything but air conditioning and TV :) I usually don't even worry much about the weather, if it looks really bad I might throw on my rain suit.

Anyway..Well last night I ended up riding my Daughter's Indian Scout bobber about 40 miles in the pouring rain at midnight ( why is a long story for another day), well I'll tell you, the bike is a BLAST to ride for a short time but after about 20 minutes I noted that the seat is like a 6 inch wide rock, I was bent over like a hunchback to reach those little bars, my arms got tired from that position and my feet were already cramped from being stuck in one spot on the pegs and the single halogen headlight seemed about as bright as a birthday candle on this pitch black, wet night. With no windshield the rain was of course hitting me directly but even when it slowed down I discovered that those tiny little bobber fenders meant that the tires were throwing dirty water from the road all over my visor and clothes, I ended up riding with the visor open it was so muddy from the road dirt hitting it that I couldn't see. I was obviously soaked, and started getting cold, but there wasn't a heated seat or grips to be found :) The speedometer is way down there, my neck was getting sore from looking down to see how fast I was going, not that I really cared but still it's nice to know, especially when you can't really see through all the fog and flying water.

I think that bike is clearly designed for the under 30 crowd, not this over 50 spoiled old codger!

Reactions: ketil.juul.olsen

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,519 Posts
Most of the time we go from the bobber style to the easy chair not the other way around and now you know why.

PS. With those short stubby fenders, you learn to lean your head to one side or the other to be out of the spray coming off that front tire.

Reactions: ketil.juul.olsen

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
I knew very early on I was spoiled. I have no desire what so ever to be without my comfort when riding. The wind is a very tiring thing. I'll take all the protection I can get short of a car.:thumbsup:

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,505 Posts
I am learning to be spoiled... :coffeescreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts