Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really need a motorcycle for really cheap hopfully running but maybe needs some work and or if you just want the thing gone let me know I want it ill try to fix it and get back on the road . I really want a bike since my last bike was wrecked beyond repair and now I really need somthing to work on ad ride . thanks im in Marysville ohio

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Try CraigsList and Facebook Marketplace. In my area, running bikes are noticeably cheaper on Marketplace than on CraigsList but there are awesome deals on both platforms. I got my '05 Honda Rebel for $600, my '00 Buell Blast for $1,200. The Buell needed no repairs. The Rebel just needed new tyres and has a dented tank. If you go older and/or more broken, the prices are even cheaper.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its still not working I cant figure out why there's no power and since I wrecked my other bike a couple weeks ago its killing me not having somthing to ride the bike I wrecked has a crack in the case and the front end is bent pretty badly so now I have nothing to ride

·
1,251 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, apparently I can't read.

Shoot, if you were in IL or WI I'd come over and get the thing working again. :)

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
yesterday you had a bike that wouldn't start. what's up with that ?
Tell me about it ! he has a bike, that I bet I could get running. says he looked in owners manual to find out what to do to get the bike running. No hope for this guy, give him all sorts of good advice, I don't think he wants to follow. Freakin' Hopeless!
I'd be flat out ashamed of myself if I did not try and get my bike running. YUP You me and others have been kind and offered good advice. . .fuhgeddit!

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
Its still not working I cant figure out why
Tyler, I offered and others too, all sorts of good advice, you don't seem to want to do a thing to figure this out. A REAL biker would have followed what I and others said and would have it running by now. I could say,

Well you just said you wrecked a bike, might wreck this and yourself. . . naw I won't say that.

Is it just me or what? I 'm not a mechanic but I like to have a good idea what goes on with a motorcycle, not just to throw a leg over an ride an when I can't get her running. . .buy another? Louzy attitude! You might get another bike and if you don't wrack it up and I hope you don't, it'll **** out on ya some day out in the boonies, you standing there with your thumbs up your back-side
saying what Ray'ssporty1200 and other kind bikers told ya,

"Don't just ride it! learn about it." Good luck I'm sure you'll need a lot of it.

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, apparently I can't read.

'Shoot, if you were in IL or WI I'd come over and get the thing working again". :)
Well Miss Mercedes, quite kind of you to do that for him, I don't think he is really trying at all to get the bike running, I am NOT a wrencher but if it is an electrical issue, damn good chance like 98 % I'd have that bike running. IF he really wanted to, he could get it running. It would give him such a good feeling to work on his bike and find out why it won't run. . .but we see his attitude, go buy another bike. . .and if something happens to that? I see a back yard full of bikes that won't run.

·
1,251 Posts
I always try to give back! :) I've had folks help me out when they could have left me in their dust. Recently, I spent an evening teaching a friend how to change his car's brake pads and rotors. I thoroughly enjoyed it and he learned a skill that'll save him a lot of money.

I bet there's just one little thing keeping the OP's bike from getting power, be it something on the bike itself or the battery.

Thankfully out of the seven vehicles in my collection, the only non-runner is the 150cc scooter project. I hope to never get to "backyard of non-runners"! :D

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Tyler, the reality is any really cheap bike you get is likely going to need a lot more work than you Hyosung needs to get running and safely on the road. Stick with the repairs - you'll figure it out.

There are no mysteries with machines, just problems you haven't figured out yet. You'll get it - you just have to stick with it and think things through.

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
I really really need a motorcycle for really cheap hopfully running but maybe needs some work /QUOTE]

What a laugh! Me and others give you good advice, you don't follow and Miss Mercedes could have gotten your bike running!
Now you want someone to give you a running bike? Frankly I don't think you deserve it, that is MY opinion. Had you worked on it and got it running, I would have had respect for ya. . .Seems like all you want is a real easy fix. . . I know about people like that, want it all on the cheap. . .I would say that every biker on this forum has a damn good idea about their ride and what to do or look for if they have a problem and most of the time, able to fix it . If it IS your idea to not put much into biking, than I seriously doubt you'd go through taking an experienced riders course or learn how to do tight S turns and low speed skills, something you could really regret not knowing some day.Nothing more to say, I am out of here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All you people told me to do is hook jumper cables to it and check fuses ans if you would have read what I wrote I already checked the fuses in it multiple times over and I hooked cables to it and still nothing ive been over the manual and it doesent have anything in it for the problems its having I thought maybe people on here knew what wires might be shorting out or what conections might be bad but instead all you told me to do was pull the spark plug to see if theres spark on the head obviously there's no spark if it doesent even turn over you guys only told me to do stuff that any novice could think of that I did the very first day it wouldent start no one ever gave me a bit of advanced knowledge to figure out why theres no electric thru the whole bike but don't worry you guys are deffenitley the smartest people on the whole forum and know everything about bikes cause you guys know how to look at a fuse and see if its blown or pull a plug and see if it sparks haha geneious'

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the reason I wrecked my bike was cause a dumbass drunk dricer crossed center and hit me going 35 but yup that was all my fault cause i dont know anything and I'm inexperienced on how to dodge cars on the wrong side of the road

·
1,251 Posts
I understand you're frustrated. I should have given you some outside resources, I'm sorry about that.

Honestly, you would have better luck over at Korider where the members will be more familiar with your bike with better resources.

This thread from Korider would seem to suggest that while the fuses may look okay, they may still be broken and you'll need to test each one. The OP of that thread shot some vinegar into a fuse that was reading zero and bam, the bike woke from its eternal slumber.

GV 250 - no sign of electrical power

While not the clearest, here's a wiring diagram

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/865104/Hyosung-Aquila-250.html?page=202

I'm in the same boat as you, but with my Chinese scooter's engine not starting. Everything's there and everything's "working", but the engine's not getting fuel. I'll have to disassemble the fuel system from petcock down and I'll probably discover a blockage/broken thing somewhere.

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
Hello Tyler,

Since Miss Mercedes was so kind to dig up a schematic, I'll go over it and see what can be done. . .I did see two wires off Bat+ one going to start solenoid, other going to a fuse box then into harness. Were you able to check THAT fuse? sometimes the link ( looks like a woman's hair pin) goes bad where you can't see it and it looks good BUT best to check with an ohm-meter. I am sorry I was rough with you but I tried to help you, then it's like 'Forget it I'll get another bike. I don't know your abilities but if you can't get an ohm-meter hook up a tail lite an battery in such a way as to check fuse, one side of battery to lamp, then other side of lamp through fuse and from fuse to other side of battery.if fuse is good lamp will come on. it is simple stuff but needed to check things out. Do not EVER assume things when doing electrical work. There are electrical laws for electricity. check that fuse please Tyler.

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
Well Tyler, Don't know what to say really, You said you put in a new ignition sw. I believe you.It has 4 wires from what diagram says. one on side going to something than to a rotating field for the stator, they call it a magneto, more so if it had magnets instead of an electro-magnetic rotor. It seems you must have clutch held in and kick stand down for bike to start, but as it is gotta get some power into the system.

I wish this was easier to read, really can't make out much so far as wire colors. This bike did run at one time. . .right? maybe that fuse IS good but contacts messed up and corroded, happened in my pick-up truck, no brake-lights mech had to get into
fuse box and clean dirty contacts, You CAN lose voltage through bad contacts, called a 'voltage drop' so get a steak knife and see if you can scrape or clean contacts where that fuse goes in.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,507 Posts
Miss M is way more patient than I am, I am close enough I could help you fix or at least Diagnose your Korean bike.

If I did come that way, you could definitely say you did all the things that you were told to do to diagnose? I am starting to go to Maryland in my Semi due on Tuesday Morning leaving on Sunday Afternoon. It would take me a few hours to get to you but not a big deal on Winger. Again I am a bitch and impatient when it comes to petty BS and expect people to pull their own weight. I wont ask for money to help you, I will bring tools and such, but you will provide the drinking water and shade to work in. You will watch and learn and ask question. I sweat, you will sweat. I need parts you will buy them maybe not right at that moment but I will not be responsible.

I don't remember what I told you to do initially but I remember telling you basics the things anyone would do to begin diagnosis. Your call if you want the help we can do it tomorrow evening or Sunday morning. You delay and still want help it will be next weekend. Again your call.

Edit: Korean not Chinese.

Reactions: Miss Mercedes

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,507 Posts
Never mind I withdrawal all assistance. Just spoke to a friend that lives in Antwerp Belgium.

Waste of time. I typed up this long thing and erased it and decided I am just going to leave it at that.

Nuff said.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,143 Posts
The 'Crux' of the matter:

"I bet there's just one little thing keeping the OP's bike from getting power, be it something on the bike itself or the battery." Mercedes quote:smile:

The one little thing is the little brain size of the OP and his inability to take FREE FREE FREE help from those with more experience and willing to help:surprise:

How old is this guy anyway?

Sam:wink2:

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
I always try to give back! :) I've had folks help me out when they could have left me in their dust:D
That Miss Mercedes, is a very sweet attitude, one I like an awful lot. Bikers have helped me at times, and Since I always carry a phone with me, that has helped at times. 'Eye' has helped me at times and that was very much appreciated. I took a gander at the schematic you got for Tyler.

There is one fuse that comes right off the Battery + other side goes into harness and battery - although connecting to bikes frame, also goes through harness as well. Clutch and kick-stand have interlocks so they must be in the proper position in order for start solenoid to work.

Still when it comes right down to it, no power going through the bike. I suggested last night it could be the contacts the fuse sits in, if dirty/corroded, no current flow. It can happen, IT DID ! brake lights in my truck, had to get back of fuse box and clean spade lugs where buss fuse spades fit into. Well that was it, got brake-lights working. That fuse HAS to be it, they can look good but only an ohm-meter or a continuity tester can reveal the truth. It is the ONLY thing that can stop power from going to
the rest of the bike, from what the schematic says.

I probably could help more if able to read colors for wires, had to borrow the wife's half's, still could not make it out, the joys' o getting older ! You take care Miss Mercedes! Damn line drops tried 4 times to fix.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts