Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away for a while from the forums if anyone noticed or not. I've had a real bad case of the itches to ride for the past month, but the weather has not been cooperating much. Saturday, I had all I could take and decided to get bike out of basement. Yard by basement door was a muck pit. Decided to lay down planks and boards and push bike over it. Worked ok till bike slipped off board and mud turned into quicksand and ate my bike and my boots. Didn't need the kickstand to put bike down and call neighbors for help, mud held it up. Finally got done mud bogging, it's not really fun on a motorcycle. Spent the rest of day washing mud off of bike. Today I decided to ride bike to family's house for easter breakfast. A little chilly out, but it felt so damned good to be back on bike. Still a bit scary with the sand still in spots and all the potholes that haven't been patched. My truck suffered some major damage this winter from the potholes. Leafspring hangers let go and my leafsprings popped up through the bed of the truck. Getting that bolt of of the leafspring was the worst part of the job. I've decided to not ride bike at night quite yet cause i need to see where the sand and potholes are, as those are killers on bikes.

Oh, and my son went out and brought a bike. A Yahmaha R6. Not crazy about him riding a sportsbike as his first one, but eh, what's a mom to do. I talked till my eyes turned blue, but kids will be kids.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome back Zippy. Sorry about all the setbacks but hey, you rode so hope it was worth it. Seasons upon us now. Congrats on your son getting a bike. My son was smart enough to know he has the attention span of a peanut. :biggrin: so no bike for him yet.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Well Zippy, I guess this gives you the opportunity to ride with your son and mentor him. Pass on all the best habits by example. And you'd get to spend some real quality time with your son.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
Welcome back Zippy. Like Kiwi said, if you guide him well, then you and him will have many great memories together for a long while.

Damn you, Hawk, I wanted to post that song! :p

·
Left. No, the other left.
209 Posts
You were missed Zippy.
I hope your potholes aren't as bad as NYC.
On the bright side, plenty of swerve practice!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the welcome back. Went out riding with my son today. I'm alot less nervous now of him riding. He's doing well and following the best advice I can give him and riding his own ride. I told him just go at your own pace.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Welcome Back Zippy!!! That sounds like a mud hole from hell!! And I thought Hawaii had some potholed-roads!!! Way to keep your chin up!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to admit, at first I was a bit scared of getting back on the bike again. I thought that I would have forgotten every thing I learned last year. I was using every excuse I could find, too much sand, too many potholes, ect. But all it took was letting out the clutch for the first time, and I was back in the sadle and it all came right back. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'm glad I was out for a few hours yesterday. It felt really really good.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have to admit, at first I was a bit scared of getting back on the bike again. I thought that I would have forgotten every thing I learned last year. I was using every excuse I could find, too much sand, too many potholes, ect. But all it took was letting out the clutch for the first time, and I was back in the sadle and it all came right back. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'm glad I was out for a few hours yesterday. It felt really really good.
I give it a month and you'll be fully kicking ass again :)

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
I give it a month and you'll be fully kicking ass again :)
You LIKE that word "ass" don't you?! You use it a LOT!! (lol).

Welcome back Zippy. Since you are from my home State, you know the weather isn't going to cooperate this week. Ah well........maybe this weekend!!

Wish your son would have considered my Shadow........it's worth it!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also from CT - the weather SUCKS this week, but this weekend is going to be BEAUTIFUL. I plan to be out all weekend riding :)

and also, yes the potholes are horrible....although last year it cost $1000 in damage to my wife's 1 year old car - luckily knock on wood no damage yet this year.....but they still are BAD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts