Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
i really hope someone can point me in the right direction here. i got this bike given to me off a friend as it was stood for a couple of years (in the rain) and it didnt start, he couldnt be bothered to do anything with it.

basically, when i got it i put a brand new battery on it.. and it started. then one day it just didnt.

the first thing i checked was the killswitch and starter button/switch.
then i changed the starter solenoid, twice. the starter motor turns when i arc accross the terminals.

i also made sure all the other little kill switches were joined/closed.

i recorded some videos to illustrate and explain this but im not allowed to post them because i havent posted more than 15 times yet...

any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry its a suzuki marauder 125 (i explained this in the video so i didnt think i needed to type it)...

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
Hard to troubleshoot with so little data but have you checked everything in the circuit to start the bike? Since the starter turns when you hit the terminals it works and so does the battery, it's probably a simple failed switch or broken wire connection.
Check the Kill switch, clutch switch, neutral switch, kickstand down switch, ignition key, and possibly various relays?
Find a manual to download if you don't have one (they are out there) and trace the circuit to the starter solenoid from end to end, eliminating everything in the line as a potential cause until you find where the power is stopping on it's way to the solenoid and starter.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Usually, no crank is caused by the switch on the clutch; that switch should have a connector with two wires, that can be easily unplugged and jumpered.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
today I am hooked on the magic touch idea due to the fact that I couldn't get my bike started but my aging father fiddled with it, hit the button, and zoom started right up.

hint: It takes choking to start a cold engine.
hint 2: damned old man!(get your d*** outta my carb, you know what I mean?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts