Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you like to see build a motorcycle?

I bet Toyota and Nissan could do it and sell them like crazy. Look at Honda.

Ford wouldn't do it. They've got a good thing going with HD already. GM has enough problems right now without adding motorcycle recalls to the mix. Dodge? Not the Tomahawk. That wasn't a production model anyway.

·
A legend in his own mind
2,599 Posts
I've worked on their cars, I wouldn't buy a bike from nissan LOL J/K (kinda), and isn't mini owned by BMW? I believe GM could possibly build a decent bike if they did the same way as when they originally started Saturn.
Now try to imagine a VW motorcycle...Lamborghini?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I own a Nissan. Who the heck wedges a spark plug between the engine and the firewall? Nissan! Thankfully, though, it doesn't need to be worked on often. That truck is on it's way back from the moon, and has never left me stranded.

Jeep makes a bicycle. Well, and point is, Jeep allows their name to be put on a bicycle. It looks Jeepish, but it ain't. I'd like the motorcycle to be made by, not just branded by.

But yeah. A Jeep motorcycle. It'd be a dual sport, for sure.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I'm on my phone. Is that a Ural? Their three wheel drive side car bike looks interesting.
Ural is a copy of a WWII BMW.

The Chinese also make a copy of a Ural, so it's a copy of a copy of a BMW, and Harley also made a copy of the BMW, which was not needed because the Jeep went into production, so if Jeep made a motorcycle, it would stand to reason it would be a copy of a......I dunno. I'm confusing myself here.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
I've worked on their cars, I wouldn't buy a bike from nissan LOL J/K (kinda), and isn't mini owned by BMW? I believe GM could possibly build a decent bike if they did the same way as when they originally started Saturn.
Now try to imagine a VW motorcycle...Lamborghini?
Yes, Mini is owned by BMW.

Volkswagen's Audi brand owns Ducati through its Italian subsidiary Lamborghini Group.

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Who would you like to see build a motorcycle?

I bet Toyota and Nissan could do it and sell them like crazy. Look at Honda.

Ford wouldn't do it. They've got a good thing going with HD already. GM has enough problems right now without adding motorcycle recalls to the mix. Dodge? Not the Tomahawk. That wasn't a production model anyway.

I'm thinking of a Motorcycle built by an American Snowmobile Co......... I bet that thing would be bad azzzzzzzz........ :biggrin:

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

·
Charlie Tango Xray
759 Posts
That's funny right there !!!!!!!!! :coffeescreen::coffeescreen::coffeescreen:
Agreed, but theres only one left. But I do think Arctic Cat would make a kickin motorcycle. Yami has obviously been making motorcycles forever. And the other two seem to be concentrating on making tricycles now.;)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have wondered several times when Yamaha and Kawasaki are going to start building cars.

Also, and this is my biggest question to all of the automobile industry...when will they come out with an electric pickup truck? How cool would a little Toyota Tacoma electric truck be?

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
I have wondered several times when Yamaha and Kawasaki are going to start building cars.

Also, and this is my biggest question to all of the automobile industry...when will they come out with an electric pickup truck? How cool would a little Toyota Tacoma electric truck be?
Use your google and type in Yamaha car and Kawasaki car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts