Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"IF I was in the market" for a new bike, I'd likely seriously consider the Victory Gunner. I've seen one Review that talked about a good deal of vibration during their ride, and this video talks about a paltry 3" of travel for the rear coil spring suspension.

There would be a few modifications I would do:

1. I would choose the radius'd twin pipes, but I don't know the difference between the "Jackpot Stage 1 X-Bow Exhaust" and the "Stage 1 X-Bow Exhaust" to make a decision (doesn't seem to be much difference).

Link: http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/exhaust-cruiser

2. I would put foot pads on it, if available
3. The Signal Lights are a bit small, I'd go bigger if I could.

The Price point is good, and with all the crowing about how well Victory is doing these days, I'd plop my hard-earned money down without too much concern. That coming from a Honda fan...........

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yep I really admire Victory bikes too, & can't wait to take a Gunner on a test ride hopefully this year. I've already test ridden a Vegas & a Vision, both great bikes too.

Right now though "if I was on the market" to replace my Star Raider I'd be seriously considering the Victory Cross Country!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I guess if I were in the market, for a cruiser, I would get a Harley Slim. It fits me just right and looks amazing. I know that it can scrap the boards rather easily but I wouldn't want to attack curves on a cruiser. This bike also looks great with a windshield.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That's a nice looking bike. From what I read this is a new model this year?

That might make me hesitant, but not a show stopper.

I just like having aftermarket options, that might take a year or two to catch up.

But I am not looking.

·
6,499 Posts
If you are a United States Veteran or on active duty, Victory will give you a 10% discount off your dealers best deal:biggrin:

I've never heard of a Victory having any objectionable vibrations---maybe compared to a Goldwing:wink:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am disappointed! When I read "IF I Was In The Market, this is NOT what I was expecting!

I was curious to see what the current bid was for Soupy. ;)

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
I agree, if I were in the market for a new cruiser it would also be the Gunner. I'd have to swap the bars and install the extended foot controls since I'm too damn tall.
I'd go with the green/black version.

@seagull- the Gunner has been around a few years. I think it was introduced mid '13 as a 2014 model. Most accessories that will fit the Vegas and Highball will also work on the Gunner since they are basically just different versions of the same platform.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Victory has got some nice bikes. No doubt about that.
I haven't ridden any of them, but the styling is nice - for sure.

Eye-M is right about the exhaust.
should be $600-700. But $1100 is outrageous.
You are getting into the kinda cash where custom work can be done.

If I had any choices, I always liked the Big Dog bikes.
But the company is gone, and you'd have to do a lot of work on your bike.
They were way outside my price range anyway. They did have one chopper that as more affordable - what was the name of that thing? But anyway, BD is gone :-(

If I wanted to scream ... maybe a Ducati monster or the new V-Max. But chances are that I'd blow my brains out one day. So I stick with cruisers. It's better to live longer ... like Willie Nelson!!!

dT

·
Registered
354 Posts
Skip the stage one and exhaust from victory. After market is cheaper and better. Cobra make the Victory pipes. The swept pipes look good but they cost you HP.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I can't imagine a much better cruiser than my current ride, a Triumph Thunderbird. About all I wish it had that it doesn't have now is cruise control and a gear indicator. But I guess if I were looking for something new I might be interested in the new Honda F6b. That is one cool looking bike and with the excellent Goldwing engine I have no doubt it would very reliable and consistent. About all I think I would need to add would be a passenger backrest for my wife.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts