Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Recently found an old photograph of my grandfather on a motorcycle, and both me and my father are not sure what bike he's on. Can anyone here identify it by the photo? It's not in the best focus, and unfortunately I don't have an approximate year, either. (All I know is that the photo was taken in Wisconsin.)

Thanks in advance!
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heyo, I spent a while looking for pictures of models on the University of Google and what I can roughly come up with is a 1932-1935 Harley. But here’s where it gets confusing: from what I can tell, the decal on the gas tank was first used on 1935 models (Diamond shaped with Harley in the middle, with 2 or 3 horizontal lines on the lower side of the tank. BUT if you notice in your grandfather’s picture the rear fender doesn’t cover much of the sidewalls of the tire. Google says they switched from the thin fender to the more hefty looking one after the 1932 model production year. So maybe he swapped a older model rear fender or used a older gas tank? I can’t make out any other details to further discover what specific model it is. I’m not in any way knowledgeable on Harleys but took the time to piece details together. Hope that helped a bit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts