Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,125 Posts
I noticed, riders with a lot of weight usually ride Harleys... :D
Oh crud, you saw me. Obesity isn’t just a HD phenomenon I assure you.

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
The heavy guys ride Harleys because they have a lot of torque. But you said torque does not matter, so all the heavy guys are wrong. They should be riding high reving high horsepower bikes. Like the old two strokes.
US riders ride Harleys. Overseas the heavy guys ride whatever they want to ride. More folks are riding Indians these days. Choosing a bike, has a lot to do with riding conditions. If it is all freeway riding, then a comfortable tank works fine.
The US has a lot of freeways. Even mountain passes can be multi lane and fairly straight. Some like number 20 in WA are bendy. My Triumph would be much more suitable. Whether i am heavy or not. UK

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
I know, you have Yamaha XS1100, it is very nice bike, probably more power than my 80 KZ1000. I'll find XS1100 sooner or later!
I have an every day one, a mint one, a rusty one, and two spares.
575 pounds and 95 HP. It has more grunt than my 98 HP 475 pound Triumph. But the Triumph handles a lot better. UK

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have an every day one, a mint one, a rusty one, and two spares.
575 pounds and 95 HP. It has more grunt than my 98 HP 475 pound Triumph. But the Triumph handles a lot better. UK
Nice! You won, my KZ1000 only had 93 HP!
Mine:
yours:
Are you a member of XS1100 forum?
Do you know how to fix transmission turning your bike upside down?

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Are you a member of XS1100 forum?
Do you know how to fix transmission turning your bike upside down?
Yes I am on the XS1100 forum. Have not been there lately. Some of the guys know all about gearbox repair, especially the second gear problem. Mine is okay, just shifts like a Mack truck. My Triumph shifts sweet. The gearbox is a copy of a Japanese bike, either Kawasaki or Suzuki. My Suzuki shifts sweet. If I have a big problem with my 1100, I will swap the engine until I get it fixed. And or ride the spare bike. I have enough bits to keep them running forever. UK

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!

·
Visionary
4,400 Posts
I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!I will NOT buy ZX12!!!
Well did you buy it?

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Please educate me: If you had (for example) a Versys 1000. What couldn't it do?
l have a V-Strom 650. lt's not good in the dirt. lt also isn't great with a passenger. l have a big cruiser that is fantastic on the open road, especially with a passenger, but it doesn't do dirt at all, and it's heavy for those times when l just want to zip around town on a smaller bike. l have an XR650 that's great on trails and logging roads, but no good for passengers, and not very good on the open road. The more things you want to do, the more bikes you need.

·
Registered
26 Posts
04 Intruder 1400 for $1300? How can I resist? Of course I'll need to clean carbs as always!
3rd BMW 1150. Just had to have a Police model as I liked the shinny saddle bags and the white and black paint. I don't like the swept handle bars on the K1200 series and it feels like a heavy bike and not as agile as the 1150's and it only has 50 cc bigger engine !

·
Shadow Moderator
1,166 Posts
1150 RT? I have one and just love it.

If the K1200 is the K1200LT, then yeah, it's a land yacht. Look at a K1300S if you can find one. Or at least watch some YouTube videos.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1150 RT? I have one and just love it.

If the K1200 is the K1200LT, then yeah, it's a land yacht. Look at a K1300S if you can find one. Or at least watch some YouTube videos.
Thanks
yes the one I drove was an LT and it was a Land Yacht. After driving my R1150RT it was not fun at all. I don't know why they made such a drastic change to a nice line of bikes? I will look for a K ---S. Larry

21 - 40 of 49 Posts