Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im I'm thinking of rebuilding my Yamaha r6 2000 to a 2017 is there any tips and something I should know some of you know a lot about motorcycles so any info is good . I might start after this summer so i need to buy all the parts on the summer. The idea is to ride on the street

·
Ace Tuner
3,489 Posts
Im I'm thinking of rebuilding my Yamaha r6 2000 to a 2017 is there any tips and something I should know some of you know a lot about motorcycles so any info is good . I might start after this summer so i need to buy all the parts on the summer. The idea is to ride on the street
Two totally different animals. Anything can be done, except for that.... IMHO.

S F

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Your best bet is to sell the 2000 and buy a 2017, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yepp I'm starting to think to. The problem here Sweden is it is illegal to buy a crashed motorcycle if you aren't a certified mechanic and own a workshop. Because I'm a very great mechanic so I could restore a crashed if it wasn't illegal

·
Registered
976 Posts
Two totally different animals. Anything can be done, except for that.... IMHO.

S F
+ 1 Agree

A quick down and dirty computation adds up to about $44,000 to bring a 2000 r6 up towards a 2017 r6 and that still does not match a factory used 2017 r6. You should be able to find a descent 2017 r6 for in around $8K, sell your 2000 r6 for in around $2K, then you save about $38,000!!!

You cannot just take things from a 2017 and put them on the 2000, it would be like building a new bike and it would be a pure frankenstein including all the bad mismatch and none of the great engineering! Good Luck with your project.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I look t around for a 2017 and can't find one for under 10k but I will be on my look out

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

If you rebuild your 2006 Yamaha into a 1952 Vincent Black Lightning, it will be worth a lot more.
…… Sorry, couldn't resist.

Can you legally buy PARTs from wrecked motorcycles?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Hook up a Flux Capacitor on the 2000
Set the destination time to 2017
Then get the bike up to 88 mph. ?

·
Ace Tuner
3,489 Posts
Yepp I'm starting to think to. The problem here Sweden is it is illegal to buy a crashed motorcycle if you aren't a certified mechanic and own a workshop. Because I'm a very great mechanic so I could restore a crashed if it wasn't illegal
Wow! That's just wrong.

S F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts