Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in another Forum recently, a gal who rides her own bike, and I gather is "single," .........created a Forum Thread, asking about "storing her bike in her house," seeking info on (I guess) the practicality of doing so.

It was interesting to see the various responses, which often were on the lines of ".......will you marry me?!" (lol). Obviously posted by guys who figure that "any girl that would allow a bike in the house, has GOT to be one heck of a gal!!"

-Soupy

·
8,572 Posts
To me, it would depend upon how big the house is, how clean the bike is, if it leaked any fluids etc. I seriously wouldn't want to look at a Honda Rebel or the type for any longer than maybe 30 seconds, more less for the entire winter season. However, if it was a new Harley Rushmore, Electra Glide, she could park it right next to my Lazy Boy recliner so we (the bike) could be close together:biggrin:

Now, if she looked like Jennifer Anniston or Taylor Swift, she could park her Moped in my bedroom.;)

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
It is socially acceptable to bring any Harley into the house, regardless of age or condition. (Use a cookie pan under a Shovel Head or earlier model.)

If you are a very young person you can also safely bring in a sport bike, especially if it's your first bike.

A vintage or antique British bike is okay inside too, especially if it's used as a part of the decor.

Bring in anything else and you're just a twerp that's trying to look cool. :biggrin:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
My daughter, who was six at the time, insisted on bring her Honda Mini-Trail 50 in and keeping it in the utility room.

Guess she would qualify under your second condition even though it wasn't a sport bike, because it was her first bike. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,906 Posts
Inside job

I would gladly keep my old Norton inside, but I sold it many years ago. Maybe I will pretty up my spare XS11 and make it into art work. Soupy I think some of us would like to know what bike the girl is talking about. If it is a QA50 or a CT70 I would tread carefully.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Back in 2006, I wanted to bring my first Victory inside for the winter. We even wheeled it down the hallway of the building, we just couldn't make the turn into the apartment door. So it had to stay in the garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts