Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
How do you get them in and out of the basement?

I'd love to keep mine in my back porch but it is up 4 feet on a set of stairs. (The living room would do to ;) )

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a raised ranch, and in the back, there is a door that goes right into the basement, it's not a fully underground basement. Had to turn in the mirrors, but I drove them right in, a few spins around the support beams for added measure....I kept saying I was going to build a track around teh basement so I could ride in the winter, but I never got around to it....

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
mine won't fit through the doorways, my handle bars are too wide.....that's why I bought the shed....I just need to insulate it this summer, it already has power to it

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A shed or a garage has been on my bucket list for a long time. But the Happy Homeowner's Club they lied to me about keeps stealing all my spare money!!!

If we have a wet spring, I may have to build an Arc to get bike out of basement, as we sometimes get the Nile River going around the house. One year was so bad, I seriously thought about stocking the ditch with fish. I even had a nice waterfall at the end....

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Zippy, lay concrete blocks end to end with the holes letting the water run thru them. Then you can hopefully run the bike out to the drive. I'm getting ready to put a couple in the ditch I cross when I take my puppies out.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
I said run the bike, not ride the bike Dods. :D :D LOL!!

Start it, put it in 1st and walk it along using the clutch and brake to ease it along. It might be helpful to have hubby on the other side of the bike for support.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
I need to keep my bike covered at least until March. If I can't ride, I can't bear to look at it every day when I go out to the garage.:frown:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope so!! If you see some crazy lady out on the road with a broom it's just me sweeping the sand/salt off the roads from the winter storms!!! They have had to lay down alot of sand this year cause we had alot of ice this year. It looks like I live on a dirt road!!

·
7,777 Posts
That is the danger we all face when we start to ride again ,is that winter coating of sand, gravel and crushed asphalt and it's very dangerous because it's always where we as riders are the most in danger, on corners, at intersections, on bridges and at stop signs and traffic lights! it seems like only lots of rain will rid the roads of the stuff.

I rode Saturday and it was 75 degrees, Sunday was 70 degrees and today it's 35 degrees! Weird weather!

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Premium Member
7,872 Posts
Inside

Mine are all inside for this winter, but not heated. Later this year I will try and get the proper garage built, and then move in, keeping some room for one of the bikes. And then add insulation to the shed. Shed does not have to be hot, just above the dew point.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now there is so much snow out there that it seems like it will be forever before we get the bikes out. The bed on my truck is full of snow. I got a drift half way up the back window. I can open the slider and put my drink in the snow bank and keep it cold. If that's not a redneck cooler, I don't know what is!! Road is so narrow from all the snow, if another car comes along we have to go Baha'ing.

I so just wanna ride my bike!! Will someone please just shut off the snow machine? I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
American Legion Rider
21,841 Posts
It's beginning to sound like ya'll might be riding just before halloween if you get enough warm days. And Al Gore says global warming????

·
Premium Member
7,872 Posts
Ride

Just loading a bunch of stuff on the XS400. Ride to the mainland tomorrow.
Have a bunch of boat and truck bits loaded. the hatch off the boat takes up a bit of room. Also have on board the two bears that I bought for Shirley for Valentine. They are past purchases and stay here on the Island. They are usually on the boat during the warmer months.
Have a lot of shopping to do on the mainland.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts