Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I've got a BMW R9T that wont start. It's got good spark, injectors are spitting out plenty of fuel, cranks over fine. Computer pre start check instument dial sweep working, fuel pump whir and initial clicks and blips are there but no start.... After removing various parts to access the battery to varify replacement code and putting it all back together, and starting it up to check, I connected up the battery charger (without disconnecting the electronics.., same as I have done for the past two years) and disconnected it after it was charged. A few days later I tried to start it and it cranked fine but wouldn't start. I have checked all connexions and checked for damage. I can only assume that I have fried something and I was wondering if anyone has an idea specifically what. I would really appreciate some knowlegable insight although I can feel my hard earned slipping away. All suggestions much appreciated. Kind regards, simon

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Unless you had the key in the ON position, the engine electronics are disconnected from the battery, so shouldn't even be a consideration when using a charger. BTW, was that a tender type charger, or one made for general auto use? The latter can really hurt the small batteries in most bikes. Also, a 'smart' charger or tender won't spike the Voltage the way a common charger will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
g'day buddy, thanks for the reply. proper charger. properly mystified.....WELL NEW DAY...Caps on...caps off..computers mystify me too...thanks fellas its going, after a little more muckin' about, and to cut a long story short, I am inclined to believe that there was an air lock somewhere in the fuel system. That's the logical reason anyway....thanks again, kind regards, simo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts