Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this bike in a barn and know nothing about it. All I know is that it is made by Carabela, its serial number is B 028163, and it has a Dellorto carburator. Can somebody please give me a year or a model or both?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, but ive already looked there and none of those pictures match my bike. Im about to post pictures of it and you can look

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
My neighbor sold Carabellas in 1972-1973 or so. The 1971 or 72 Carabella 125 Caliente looked about like that, but not with the external fork springs if I remember right. The later ones in about 1974 or 1975 looked almost Elsinor-ish. The old ones had that rounded tank like yours.

That's the best I can do...

I don't know how much work there is, but it would be a cool bike to rework if not too costly. I think the biggest thing will be if the engine will turn over.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think the external fork springs are merely stiffeners left over from the badly rotted gaiters.

Jon

·
Registered
419 Posts
My neighbor sold Carabellas in 1972-1973 or so. The 1971 or 72 Carabella 125 Caliente looked about like that, but not with the external fork springs if I remember right. The later ones in about 1974 or 1975 looked almost Elsinor-ish. The old ones had that rounded tank like yours.

That's the best I can do...

I don't know how much work there is, but it would be a cool bike to rework if not too costly. I think the biggest thing will be if the engine will turn over.
lol i have an elsinore (mr175) that i have to start working on again sometime. it runs, but runs like **** because the kid before me apparently decided to put the top plug in halfassed crooked, so she needs a new head.

sorry about thread jacking, had to throw my 2¢ in lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one just like this that i've been accumilating parts for the past 5 years. Parts are EXTREMELY hard to find...especially engine parts. It's a 70-72 Carabela Caliente 125 MX. I have done nothing cosmetic yet...but I have all the parts now to put the engine back together. My understanding is that they were competative at first but dogged by quality control issues. Still, cool bike in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts