Motorcycle Forum banner

I need help...? plz help me

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Critter 
#1 ·
I have a dirt bike/ moped. I was driving on the road home from school when randomly my motorcycle lost gear I was rolling down the hill when I gave gas nothing happen it just reved like I was In neutral i tried to put it in gear but nothing happens now I got it home by car but I don’t know what I have to fix because I’m pretty noob at this **** so plz do any one have any clue what to do? I don’t wanna get it into a mechanic because that costs money and most of my other things I fixed by my self.

#4 ·
If you checked as the other guys said and you still have 2 sprockets and a chain then check bolts securing sprocket to wheel, and shift linkage or whatever puts it in gear.
Some information on what kind of moped would help so we can see how it works.

#7 ·
If you checked as the other guys said and you still have 2 sprockets and a chain then check bolts securing sprocket to wheel, and shift linkage or whatever puts it in gear.
Some information on what kind of moped would help so we can see how it works.
It’s a cross moped aprillia rx 50 from 2000 I think I will go out and look at the chain and the other thinks you guys said tomorrow.

#11 ·
i tried to put it in gear but nothing happens
So if the chain is in place... ?

Nothing happens as in you can not feel it shift, the shift peddle does not move. More (Lots Of) information is VERY helpful with this stuff.
Have you tried shifting gears and rocking the bike back and forth while the engine is not running to see if it "feels" like it is changing gears?

S F

#12 ·
Yes it feels like it changes gear but it doesn’t do it so for example so I can put it in 4th gear then I release the clutch I still have pressure or drag or what the right word is at least no problem with the cutch it’s like normal when you drive yes but when I release the clutch it like I have it in neutral at least

the moped is at my dad’s house right now so I will maybe check on it today or it will be on Monday

#17 ·
Good to hear problem solved! Couple tips:
1. Make sure your sprocket teeth are still sharp. Rounded out or worn teeth can cause the chain to act up.
2. Don't make the chain too tight. It should have some play, but not too much.

Have fun! :)

#20 ·
Stretched chain, improperly adjusted chain, or wrecked sprocket...but OP hasn't given enough details about what exactly was wrong with the chain to show. :)

A new chain is definitely a safe bet to make.

#21 ·
You must have noticed that your chain was off It's sprocket ,when you had no drive while running and in gear revving out lol .Sorry
Stick with the moped \ Dirtbike until you understand everything about it and can fix most basic problems and perform all maintenance in a timely manner ,as it sounds likely that this bike\Toy has been neglected
And do change chain and check th spockets for wear
Good luck btw ,all my 27 bikes were my toys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.