Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace a cheap motorcycle cover for my '85 Honda 650cs Nighthawk. My not-so-old cover ripped apart today after gusty winds. I want a quality cover, that can take the wind and is waterproof. I am a member of Amazon prime, I have as much as $125 to spend. I understand I will be getting a universal cover.

· Banned
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
647 Posts
I'm looking to replace a cheap motorcycle cover for my '85 Honda 650cs Nighthawk. My not-so-old cover ripped apart today after gusty winds. I want a quality cover, that can take the wind and is waterproof. I am a member of Amazon prime, I have as much as $125 to spend. I understand I will be getting a universal cover.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSRYWL2

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! I've been looking, and they (so far) are made of nylon, which doesn't impress me. Some of the more expensive ones are made of oxford cloth, which is claiimed to be better. The prices are all over the place. However, one has a 5-year warranty. I guess I'm not suprised that so far, they are all made in China.

What I would like to get is a cover made of cotton duck cloth, haven't seen one yet.

I will keep on looking.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
I buy the cheap $10 Chinese covers, which last around a year or two. I buy two for each bike. One cover over the other, when that top cover starts to tear/deteriorate, I order a replacement and put the second one that is remaining over the new one. That way the covers are cheap, give double protection and last a comparatively long time for the money.

· Registered
196 Posts
Question:
How do you use a tarp or a cover on your motorcycle immediately after parking it?

Won't that cover touch the exhaust pipes or a cylinder head and melt?

Or do you have to get in the habit of parking the bike first, going inside and doing your business for a while,
and then 15 minutes later come back outside and put your tarp / cover on it?

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Question:
How do you use a tarp or a cover on your motorcycle immediately after parking it?

Won't that cover touch the exhaust pipes or a cylinder head and melt?

Or do you have to get in the habit of parking the bike first, going inside and doing your business for a while,
and then 15 minutes later come back outside and put your tarp / cover on it?
The last bit. I let the bikes cool down for a while - maybe up to an hour, depending on the bike. The cover can retain the heat of the engine for a long time. The Aprilia, like most Italian bikes, runs hot so I let it cool down for a couple of hours.

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
819 Posts
I've been looking for this cover. Anyone know where I can get one? It appears to be some sort of stretchy material?

Reactions: gunsmoker

· Registered
2,095 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a cheap cover, looks much better than my old one. Now, to answer a question, yes, I let my bike cool down after riding, a very good suggestion.

I'll consider the more expensive cover once this one dies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts