Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go broke. I went and looked at some of the Black Friday ads and I see the GoPro Hero 3 white edition is on sale for $199.00 with an added bonus of a 50 dollar gift card. Anyone have or familiar with the camera? I’m not going to be doing anything fancy with it. Mostly on the bike when I can ride.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I don't know about the Go Pro 3, but I never liked the original Go Pro...without spending a lot of extra money (it's an extra $79.99 for the LCD screen http://shop.gopro.com/accessories/lcd-touch-bacpac/ALCDB-401.html#/prefn1=compatibility&start=1&sz=12&prefv1=HERO3 ) you didn't know if you had the angle you wanted until you downloaded the file....I always figured on getting a nice small hand held video camera and mount if I could ever afford it.....then again, I really don't need video proof if I did something stupid lol

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
$199 will cover almost 3 oil changes for my bike, or, about 15,000 miles worth of services.

With $199 in my pocket I can leave home on a Saturday morning, ride into another state, visit some friends, stay at a hotel, party some, eat well, and ride home late Sunday.

Or, I could spend $199 on a camera to take videos of short rides that I'll watch a few times, then will eventually get forgotten. (I'm not rude enough to attempt to make my friends sit and watch videos of me riding.)

:)

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Take up shooting, at an indoor range, to fill out the winter months. Shooting and riding a motorcycle just seem to go together really well.

Now that I am retired, my normal summer months activities include going for a bicycle ride in the morning (good for my heart), then showering, eating lunch and then going for a motorcycle ride in the afternoon (good for my soul). For the winter months, I now go to the sports club for an hour on the recumbent bicycle, a few minutes cooling off in the pool, then I go home to shower and eat lunch. Then, at least once or twice a week, I go to my pistol club and shoot some ammo at paper targets. I plan to start reloading my own ammo at some time this winter and that should keep me busy until the spring returns and I can take my bike out again.

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Farm yourself out sharpening everyone's pocket and kitchen knives.

Oh yeah, and don't forget hunting knives........that's going on right now.

For a minimal investment, you can find a couple of different inexpensive sharpening tools, and have at it!

-Soupy

·
Registered
386 Posts
When you live in MN you better have a winter hobby, unless you're planning on staying indoors for 6 months!

With daytime temps around 20, and nighttime temps around 0, it's about time for some ice fishing!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Mostly working - busy time of year for me! Other than that, hunting and time in the woods.. and trying to get a Volkswagen heater working.
I hear ya...projects coming out my own arse. I went back to school this quarter, lots of projects around the house. I still need to finish the garage shelves...

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
This winter it will be finishing the basement (It's almost done, need to do the bar and some trim details) and clean up the wiring on the bike and fixing up my ol' panhead saddlebags.

·
Registered
943 Posts
.... My Dad is retired. He watches a lot of tv. .....
I have been retired 2.5 years and I have never been so busy! I considered going back to work so I would have some free time!

Three motorcycles in the shop: one for a complete restore, one mostly for cosmetic work, and the third just for a good check-over. Renovating my 2nd floor - still have some sheeting to put up and ALL the trim to do, as well as closets.

Working was less work than retirement!!! :frown:

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
I have been retired 2.5 years and I have never been so busy! I considered going back to work so I would have some free time!

Three motorcycles in the shop: one for a complete restore, one mostly for cosmetic work, and the third just for a good check-over. Renovating my 2nd floor - still have some sheeting to put up and ALL the trim to do, as well as closets.

Working was less work than retirement!!! :frown:
I absolutely can't stand doing trim... it's so tedious and boring. Once the jointing, paint and floors are done, I'm ready to move on to the next room.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Take up shooting, at an indoor range, to fill out the winter months. Shooting and riding a motorcycle just seem to go together really well.

Now that I am retired, my normal summer months activities include going for a bicycle ride in the morning (good for my heart), then showering, eating lunch and then going for a motorcycle ride in the afternoon (good for my soul). For the winter months, I now go to the sports club for an hour on the recumbent bicycle, a few minutes cooling off in the pool, then I go home to shower and eat lunch. Then, at least once or twice a week, I go to my pistol club and shoot some ammo at paper targets. I plan to start reloading my own ammo at some time this winter and that should keep me busy until the spring returns and I can take my bike out again.
Vito substitute shooting a longbow for guns and your retirement sounds like what I want to be doing this time next year.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I have one, it's a nice camera for bike riding or any sport. You can't zoom in with it so if you want it for hunting the deer has to be pretty close to capture that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts