Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes coins in my fuel tanks. Yes I know I'm an idiot. I've tried shaking the living hell out of the tank but they don't want to come out. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
If you have taken the tank off and shook the heck out of it, and they didn't come out, they're probably in there forever, but how did they get in there? You got kids?

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
--

If you can see them from the cap opening, then take a stick with gum on the end and poke it down to stick on the coin and pull up gently. :oops:

--

·
Ace Tuner
3,553 Posts
How much money do you have in that tank anyway? :sneaky: Lol :)

Get a 'grabber tool' (w/flexible shaft) and shake the coins into one corner and start fishing for them.
If the opening for the petcock is large enough you could remove the cock and pick them out from there.

S F

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes coins in my fuel tanks. Yes I know I'm an idiot. I've tried shaking the living hell out of the tank but they don't want to come out. Anyone got any ideas?
You can't post something like that and not give the backstory!

Rather than gum, try some heavy duty double sided tape. That stuff is usually super sticky!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
#2 on the graber stick, this sample has both the magnetic and the flexible grabber tool.

Reactions: Dr45701

·
American Legion Rider
26,009 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a magnet get stuck in my tank. Left it in there and didnt have a problem. You could try using a vacuum with some sort of funky nozzle made out of pvc pipe thatd fit in the tank

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m with everyone else we need a backstory to this. As far as getting them out go to your local parts store Automotive ones will have the tool usually. It’s a flexible thing with a handle you squeeze and the bits of steel come out the end and you can grab stuff with it. It’s a spring loaded thing. If you can’t get them out then as long as they don’t cause any issues I wouldn’t worry about it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts