Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear tire on my bike is bad. Like bad bad. I have an appointment on Monday to get it changed. The shop is about 25 miles away. The tire is REALLY worn in the middle. I know it’s a bad idea to ride it and not safe and all that. But what’s the real word odds that I’m gonna pop the tire if i granny it there? I really don’t have many other ways to get it there.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,917 Posts
That is well past its use by date. You never noticed that it was wearing down? I wouldn't ride it.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,917 Posts
Okay, know anyone with a trailer or pickup. If not remove the wheel and take it to the shop

Reactions: Kile and navy8ret

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,445 Posts
I’ve seen worse but you’ll not get me to ride one like it but obviously it’s done. I would have thought your daily check would have reveled this much sooner. I have to ask, when was the last time you check the air pressure in that tire? Or are you hinting this all happens on your last ride? Just curious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the bike like this. I couldn’t pass it up. It’s a 99 wide glide Harley in mint (obviously other then tires) condition for 700
Bucks. I almost cried as I counted out the money. Lol. I’ve only had it for one day.

·
27,445 Posts
Will crud, while I’m trying to type on this tiny phone I see you posted that you just got it. I get it now.

·
27,445 Posts
My bud is gonna trailer it. I was gonna ride it but they wouldn’t let me lol
Good choice. No sense risking that expensive scooter in a wreck. You got a great deal on that bike by the way. Hope you have many good years with it.(y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rear tire on my bike is bad. Like bad bad. I have an appointment on Monday to get it changed. The shop is about 25 miles away. The tire is REALLY worn in the middle. I know it’s a bad idea to ride it and not safe and all that. But what’s the real word odds that I’m gonna pop the tire if i granny it there? I really don’t have many other ways to get it there.
I know a couple old school guys that would stab that tire if they saw it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.