Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a motorcycle from a farmer not long ago. And it sad that it is a 1989 Honda VT250 F and I did my research and it turned out that it is a VT250F special edition. Could somebody help me out, there is very few information about this bike, I couldn't find owners manual opt shop manual and I couldn't find any other VT250 F special than this. I bought it around 100 dollars and there were 2 sold for 5 300 dollars, did I made the bargain of my life or the worst?
Thanks,
peter888

Attachments

·
On The Road Again!
3,951 Posts
Nice looking bike. A friend has a '86 CBR1000 Hurricane. This looks like it's baby brother.
Good luck finding what you need for it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Do you have a picture of the actual bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, what kind of shape is it in, how many miles on that puppy? Does it run? You just might have a little jewel there.
It's pretty good actually. It runs very well, I haven't had any problem with it yet. Some plastic parts are lost its color but other than that it's pretty good. It has 42 000 miles in it. I post a photo of it in the next comment.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Oh you did good! A hundred bucks and it runs good? Yeah, you got a deal!

But if you don't think so, I'll give you your money back for it. You know, just to be nice. ;);)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's not a deal, that's a steal.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
That is a very good looking bike, especially for a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1985 Honda VT250F SE / 1992 Suzuki GS500E
2 Posts
This site requests you introduce yourself before asking questions so people know you are serious and not a post and run type poster. Post your introduction in the following link please ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305
I own the Honda VT250F Integra SE from 1985. It was my first bike. I would say that yours is post 1986. Great deal, I bought mine as a grey market import from Japan to Canada. These are rare bikes. I would suggest going to Japanese forums for your research and OEM details.

This site might be useful for you:

I bought a motorcycle from a farmer not long ago. And it sad that it is a 1989 Honda VT250 F and I did my research and it turned out that it is a VT250F special edition. Could somebody help me out, there is very few information about this bike, I couldn't find owners manual opt shop manual and I couldn't find any other VT250 F special than this. I bought it around 100 dollars and there were 2 sold for 5 300 dollars, did I made the bargain of my life or the worst?
Thanks,
peter888

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
273 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks,
peter888
I actually have that exact bike in red and white and came with the the book for $600 it is a nice bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts