Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my handle is Encinitas0667. I chose that name because I love that little city in north San Diego county, CA. I first visited there in June of 1967.

I ride a 1970 Harley-Davidson FL. It's the first model shovelhead with an alternator (nosecone engine.) I bought it in 1984, used. I'm in the process of getting some major work done right now. It's been in the shop for a couple of months.

I'm 69 years old, started riding when I was 14. My first bike was a 1960 German Miele K-52 mo-ped. My second bike was a 1954 German Zundapp "Norma" DB234. I sure wish I still had them, but as a teenager I cared very little about old bikes, I just wanted whatever was new and fast. I should have hung onto them, the Miele is worth a fortune now, and the Zundapp not far behind it.

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
Can't remember if I welcomed you on board either but...
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gidday from a small Island in the Salish Sea.
A dirt bike I owned many years ago had a Zundapp motor. I drowned it. Was cheaper to replace it with a Sachs.
UK
Zundapp was purchased by a Chinese company in the 1980's and they produced "Zundapp" motorcycles for a while, I'm not sure how long or what models. I think the Chinese Zundapp company did produce a dirt bike, but I've never actually seen a Chinese Zundapp. I don't think they imported ant to the U.S. but I'm not positive.

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
Zundapp was purchased by a Chinese company in the 1980's and they produced "Zundapp" motorcycles for a while, I'm not sure how long or what models. I think the Chinese Zundapp company did produce a dirt bike, but I've never actually seen a Chinese Zundapp. I don't think they imported ant to the U.S. but I'm not positive.
My Zundapp was in a Rickman frame. Rickman brothers made decent frames in England, better than what the mainstream companies were making. they had trouble getting engines, so variety showed up in their frames. An RE 650 in their street frame for example. I should have kept the frame, and at a later date installed a 4 stroke 250.
UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,905 Posts
Welcome again or for the first time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.