Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
Not at all surprised. Bikes today use the exhaust as part of their tuning. Back pressure specifically being a requirement. And many have mufflers design just for that bike to get it to sound good. Messing around like we used to do with open exhausts to gain power and speed no longer works. The dirty bass tards.:smile:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...how dare they put catalytic converters on our machines too! It's just not on...

For now it's probably lost a bit of power/torque, but 1 foot pound or 1 horse power isn't such a big deal for my daily commute of 10km of downtown traffic. I will get the computer tuned soon. Just trying to find a shop in Japan that can do it is the issue. Might have to buy a tunable ECU and do it myself.

When it's tuned I'm sure it will make a few more ponies than before. Getting rid of the catalyser alone should raise the torque a bit

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
Sometimes just welding a big washer in there to create back pressure will do the trick. But yes, a tune will always help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.