Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Ok, aside from the obvious risk..........what IS that thing he went "under?" We don't have those things around here.

-Soupy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here it is, a moron on a sport bike.....and yes, I have seen that done before, in person....and he was a moron also

this cracked me up, Lol. Yes, a moron at times.

Ok, aside from the obvious risk..........what IS that thing he went "under?" We don't have those things around here.

-Soupy
Its called a field sprayer I believe. Not all of them are this high off the ground so if you tries this make sure youre not barking up the wrong tree

I'd say the guy was pretty daring.

A moron would have tried it but wrecked.
No he was right, that rider can be a moron. To be honest though I find it funny he said "a moron on a sportbike" which leads me to believe he falls into the category of older riders who say "durp durp, kids on crotch rockets giving motorcyclist a bad name!"

as they speed off drunk from their poker run without any gear, not even so much as a helmet.

Lesson learned here: Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
No he was right, that rider can be a moron. To be honest though I find it funny he said "a moron on a sportbike" which leads me to believe he falls into the category of older riders who say "durp durp, kids on crotch rockets giving motorcyclist a bad name!"

as they speed off drunk from their poker run without any gear, not even so much as a helmet.

Lesson learned here: Stupid is as stupid does.
heh, glad I came across just right from a phrase I used....but I don't drink and ride, I wear a helmet...and I'm just as critical about morons on any kind of bike that do stupid crap that make other riders look bad and give us a bad name

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
here it is, a moron on a sport bike.....and yes, I have seen that done before, in person....and he was a moron also

Would have gotten REALLY interesting of the thing he went under had been a little lower. The rider would have then become a little lower himself!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heh, glad I came across just right from a phrase I used....but I don't drink and ride, I wear a helmet...and I'm just as critical about morons on any kind of bike that do stupid crap that make other riders look bad and give us a bad name
I will never understand the obsession with "people making motorcyclist look bad"

Do guys out there actually care that much what other people think? Because I dont. I dont ride for you, for him, for her, or to make myself look good in any sense. I assume these guys who do are the same riders who are blue collar 9-5's... minus when they are on their harley with all their authentic Harley gear trying to look like a badass.

My advice is if you want people to look at you in a good sense dont ride a motorcycle at all. Go buy a prius and nobody will make you look bad. I PROMISE. Because motorcycling has its roots in rebellion and hooliganism.

And as I said the true morons are the guys with sleeveless shirts and no helmets riding drunk. I rarely hear about guys on sportbikes dying when they wear full protective gear. But hearing about some old **** on his harley getting killed is commonplace because their too obsessed with looking cool without a helmet. Why? Self-esteem issues is what I would guess but I try not to judge.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I will never understand the obsession with "people making motorcyclist look bad"

Do guys out there actually care that much what other people think? Because I dont. I dont ride for you, for him, for her, or to make myself look good in any sense. I assume these guys who do are the same riders who are blue collar 9-5's... minus when they are on their harley with all their authentic Harley gear trying to look like a badass.

My advice is if you want people to look at you in a good sense dont ride a motorcycle at all. Go buy a prius and nobody will make you look bad. I PROMISE. Because motorcycling has its roots in rebellion and hooliganism.

And as I said the true morons are the guys with sleeveless shirts and no helmets riding drunk. I rarely hear about guys on sportbikes dying when they wear full protective gear. But hearing about some old **** on his harley getting killed is commonplace because their too obsessed with looking cool without a helmet. Why? Self-esteem issues is what I would guess but I try not to judge.
Judging by this post, you could try a little harder. ;)

·
American Legion Rider
18,664 Posts

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah... my firefighting experience is mostly dealing with accidents, or buildings burning. The two forest fires I have fought, that tactic was not used.
Off topic here: how does one go about being a firefighter? Must volunteer first or..? Thats how it seems to be here in indiana anyways.

Id love to get into the field of saving cats from trees and old ladies from burning buildings. It seems like a noble career.

I know google could answer my questions, but im more of a people person myself.

·
American Legion Rider
18,664 Posts
I understand. Backfire isn't used there. I actually preferred structure fires even with MSA than wildfires. Very unpredictable.

·
American Legion Rider
18,664 Posts
Off topic here: how does one go about being a firefighter? Must volunteer first or..? Thats how it seems to be here in indiana anyways.

Id love to get into the field of saving cats from trees and old ladies from burning buildings. It seems like a noble career.

I know google could answer my questions, but im more of a people person myself.
Each state, county and city are a little different. But most have volunteers. Some that is all they have like here. I started in California with the CDF. Just go to your local fire department and ask. Most places are always looking for recruits as volunteers. Now full time is a little different but starting as a volunteer will get you the contacts and requirements as well as test dates. It isn't easy if you actually work. Getting little kitties down from a tree is just PR work but makes for a good story on your local newscast.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts