Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I started with dirt bikes 2 years ago. After i sold my dirt bike, i bought a BMW G650GS. Loved that bike, it was smooth and easy to ride for the 7 months i drove it. However, i felt that i needed more power and the single cylinder engine vibrated too much. So i'm thinking on buying a supersport bike (GSXR600):):).

What do you think guys?? Do i need more experience ?? What do you recommend me?

Thanks,

·
Registered
809 Posts
The GSXR would be a huge change from the BMW dual sport!

What do you want to do with the new bike? If speed and power are your main goals (for the engine class) and if comfort and trips and two up are not major concerns - then it could well be a good choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want go on long distance rides (200-500miles). I heard that the gsxr is the most comfortable of the SS 600.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If you want to run up long miles, you do not want a sport bike at all. Sitting and holding up your upper body with your arms gets old fast on a longer ride.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you want something that is both sporty, and can do reasonable trips (200 miles or more, like you mentioned) then sport touring might be the ticket.

Two choices in this category you should check out are:

Suzuki Vstrom 650
Yamaha FJ09

Both of those can do quite well in the twisties for fun, plenty of power, and then be reasonably comfortable and adept at moderately long trips, too.

Make sure whatever bike you get fits you, and works for you! If you are shorter or taller than the average person, if may take you a little longer to find your perfect fit. I am only 5'8 with a 30-inch inseam, so I needed a bike without too tall of a seat - but didn't want a cruiser. So it took me awhile to locate my perfect fit - a Suzuki SFV650. If you are 5'10 or less, you might want to check one of those out, too.

What do you think guys?? Do i need more experience ?? What do you recommend me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts