Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. As stated above I am not a motorcycle guy but after an itch for a very long while i decided to buy a bike again. So i bought 1982 Honda CB900 Custom. 27K miles. He said it needs nothing, rides well, feels maintained, might need new tires next year he said, battery few years old. Nice looking bike for sure, it started on very first try every time i was checking it out with the previous owner. He bought it from a widow 3 years ago, put some love and money into it (addition - 2 fog lights in the front and 2 blinking break lights in the back) and so he sold it to me since he only had time to ride less then 1000 miles in those 3 years. So i pick up the bike, as always starts on the very first try and I ride it home, country roads highways etc, ca. 1 hr. No issues at all, nice ride. So it sat in the garage for a week or 10 days, i started it occasionally just fine, so then yesterday i take it out for a ride. Again starts on the very first try, put some gas for the very first time (93, same as previous owner did) and continue with my ride. I hit the highway, all nice and well, hit a traffic jam so we are crawling but still moving a bit, 1 gear the entire time for about 5-10 min. Than all of a sudden it stalls. Can't restart it. First 2-3 tries it makes a starting noise and than afterwards nothing. I tried everything I knew but ended up call towing for a ride back home. I will try jump start it today with a car (know proper procedure), if that doesn't work any ideas what should I look into it. Thanks again for listening and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dalibor

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
694 Posts
See if there is a date on the battery and check the condition of the battery connections. Both ends of the wires, not just the ends that connect to the battery. The battery shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 yrs old and the connections need to be clean tight and pretty. Anything rough looking or raggedy is not acceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts