Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife is a financial adviser. Mostly does 401K and other B2B work these days, but can do insurance too, and has been bugging me to 'shop' the bike insurance for months.

"No, that's okay honey. I got a good deal. My agent is a good guy, he's got me covered."

Duh! I finally gave in and she pulled my bike insurance down from $544/year to $122/year. Liberty Mutual... perfectly respectable company - with lower deductible and full coverage that I didn't have before.

Yeah, I liked my agent... but I didn't like him enough to pay him $422 a year extra.

Short way of saying consider shopping your insurance around. At least work with an agent like my wife who's not "specific" to one company, but shops all the nationals.

Just my 2c. Here endeth the rant.

PS - To my north of the border friends... Sorry.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Good job on the insurance find.

But once you let the wife know she was right! (even if its true much more than we want to admit)
We may have to double the dues on your man card... :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job on the insurance find.

But once you let the wife know she was right! (even if its true much more than we want to admit)
We may have to double the dues on your man card... :p
Shhh! She's not on the forums, and I'm sure as heck not saying this at home! :icon_cool:

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
You can always give her a Thank You card for the extra bling you can add now. Or not. They like Thank You's though.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Let's see.........I'm not sure I remember exactly, but.........I believe my Insurance on the bike is $160.00 per year, for year-round coverage.

-Soupy

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
CaseyJones said:
I admit it: My wife is smarter than me.
She is probably better looking too:p

I'm not sure what I pay for cycle insurance. I pay my Jeep, cycle, home, and umbrella policy all together once a year. Can't recall how it breaks down, but I shop every other year to update policies and check around for better deals.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Ya'll are going to irritate those in Canada that pay through the nose for insurance ya know. Don't look at this thread DianneB.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts