Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's headed this way.. Everyone like me in North Carolina and in South Carolina be safe and stock up on supplies, water, can foods, candles, batteries and ect. Just brought my baby's inside the house and parked them in the dining room.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm hanging out here waiting for the storm to hit in North Carolina.

I wonder if the missus will go for motorcycles in the dining room....lol.

I suppose a garage that floods would look better to her? Not sure. I'll ask.

·
Registered
126 Posts
2 days ago I was certain I'd be leaving, but I leave inland enough that the primary dangers appear to be lost electricity and flooding, which would make it so I can't leave the city or go to work...but my house has not been flooded before when my city flooded...other than the crappy landscaping going into the garage...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm hanging out here waiting for the storm to hit in North Carolina.

I wonder if the missus will go for motorcycles in the dining room....lol.

I suppose a garage that floods would look better to her? Not sure. I'll ask.
What part of NC are you in? Charlotte here. We're suppose to get the worse of it tomorrow night I believe. Winds of 75mph and I think 20inchs of rain fall. It's going to be bad. Winds already picking up but it's kind of the calm before the storm now.

Edit : I remember talking to you actually about being in NC near me ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
What part of NC are you in? Charlotte here. We're suppose to get the worse of it tomorrow night I believe. Winds of 75mph and I think 20inchs of rain fall. It's going to be bad. Winds already picking up but it's kind of the calm before the storm now.

Edit : I remember talking to you actually about being in NC near me ?
The steady wind prediction for Wilson today rises from 13 MPH to 45 MPH tonight with gusts up to 75 mph. Not that much rain is expected, but that fluctuates. 2 days ago, yesterday was supposed to have 10 feet of rain, and no I'm not making that up. Now predictions are from a couple inches to 10. Weather reports are constantly changing right now. And yes, when I said 10 feet it wasn't a slip of the fingers or the mind. I meant feet and not inches as that was actually predicted at one point.

I hope you're sharing the possible highs for rain and wind and not what is more expected.

I'm in Wilson, about an hour east of Raleigh. You're how much west of Raleigh? Couple hours? Somewhat south?

I take it, the hurricane then is supposed to do more of South Carolina and effect the southern part of North Carolina (speaking off off the coast, the coast itself is going to be skewered). I saw that Fayetteville has some pretty bad numbers. They're quite east of you but also more south than me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
****s starting to get real out here on the east coast. It's beating the coast line up. Winds picking up here in charlotte. **** hits the fan tomorrow night through saturday and sunday and it's already bad now.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You guys in North and South Carolina, and other eastern states nearby, look after yourselves. Best wishes for your safety from Downunder, where we call them çyclones" :)

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
I'll be praying for you guys on the east coast. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Porky

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
All of my Best to all of you affected by this .. Watching the weather channel they are on the topic of some needing Rescue by water has gotten so deep ..

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
Guess the fools needed more of a warning. IDIOTS !!!! I have very little sympathy for people that chose to stay when they had plenty f warning about rain let alone wind. But with looters I understand not wanting to a just let scum have prime pickings.:sad:

Wow...that's a slip with the f but it's appropriate.:grin: Was supposed to be "of".

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,501 Posts
It has slowed down to 3 miles an hour across land, flooding will get a lot worse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My city is flooded in.

We were prepared to jump in the minivan and go days ago, but as the hurricane kept getting closer, at least where I am, the wind predicted kept going down so we decided to stick it out when the worst when we were supposed to get was 45mph (continuous wind) with gusts up to 70. Well, we never topped 25, with gusts being higher of course.

Yes, my city is literally flooded in, but I'm on high ground and okay.

I was pleasantly surprised that after I lost electricity (very local, 4 houses) that within a half an hour it was back up.

I was right to stay.

I was more right to stay and not go to work. My boss said, hey we're still open. I responded that the wife had orders that I wasn't going anywhere. If I had left, I wouldn't have been able to come back. Possibly for days. The shop did close at 1pm today, but it'd have been too late to weather it out with my family.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,501 Posts
Good for you. Bosses come and go, wives tend to stay

Reactions: DE Nichols

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good for you. Bosses come and go, wives tend to stay
I appreciate more that he said his boss wouldn't understand. He never said he didn't, but you never know. Sometimes people use their own boss an excuse for how they actually feel.

Either way, at the request of showing a photo of a flood I was smart. If I were to drive out to where the land was lower just to take a picture that would also have made me an idiot for safety.

I used the official government posts ordering residents to stay but be ready for evacuation if needed.

The most recent one said we are in a flood, not just a watch or warning.

My brother about laughed his *(& off when I forwarded him what else I said.

If I was forced to go to work and I didn't live, my wife would be happy to use our very sizeable life insurance, but a drop in the bucket, to sue them for going against what the government considered safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts