Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys as you know there are alot of f***king idiots on the road so having a loud exhaust is not just for my pleasure. however im kinda stuck and cannot find a nice reasonably prices slip on exhaust for my 2005 Suzuki SV 650s i was wondering if i could get some advice from you guys?

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
So let me get this straight....
You want to put on a loud exhaust, (which points backwards)
Then you'll put in ear plugs so the exhaust doesn't give you a headache,
Then you'll go around pissing off everyone within a half mile who has
to listen to that damned racket.
YES! There are a lot of idiots on the road, many of them with loud exhausts!!
Put on a loud horn...facing FORWARDS and USE IT!
It will be much more effective than a loud exhaust.
And welcome to the forum!

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Please control yourself Hardco. Just a warning to follow site rules.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If a guy comes to a post with a comment i did not ask for expecting a rise instead giving constructive advice ie what i asked then why even post an answer. my answer was justified. the reason i ask for what i asked for because the horn wasnt enough whgen i had my accident so i need more

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Both need to control yourselves. You however need to understand we get this same question so much that some are over sensitive to new members that apparently haven't used the search tool. He's just trying to point out that most feel they do no good to start with these days with people preoccupied with texting in their sealed car windows completely shut. Best is to learn to avoid people.

EDIT: BTW, the suggestion to install and use a horn is valid. It is far better than any exhaust provided you are riding with all your senses on high alert while in traffic.

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
The best way to stay out of trouble is to spot it early and ride around it, assume that no one will see you, and ride accordingly. My bikes are almost silent, I ride in some of the heaviest traffic in the country every day, and manage to survive by staying out of harms way.
A loud horn is nice to have too, but I very rarely use it, just like loud pipes people usually don't even notice since they are hermetically sealed inside their car, stereo blasting out 120db , while texting, eating lunch and possibly vaping some THC.
Just stay the heck out of their way and you'll be better off.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi guys as you know there are alot of **** idiots on the road so having a loud exhaust is not just for my pleasure. however im kinda stuck and cannot find a nice reasonably prices slip on exhaust for my 2005 Suzuki SV 650s i was wondering if i could get some advice from you guys?
My advice is to post what dollar figure your consider reasonably priced. You could also post what you feel is loud exhaust, as that is a subjective term. But, regardless, here you go..... Danmoto GP Slip-On Exhaust Suzuki SV650 / SV650S 2003-2008 - Cycle Gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.