Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding. They aren't. But I've been reading that since 1992. Every few years an article pops up stating why hub centered bikes are superior in every way & someday all bikes will have it. A few hub centered bikes have come & gone. Another one just came out. I think the hurdle is marketing. Looks weird, even ugly & costs way more. Maybe they should allow them on race bikes if they're better & we'll see. For now I'm fine with forks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Glad you caught that. It should read "Hub steered" not hub centered. I don't know if that was me or auto spell. I used to ask my wife to proofread things I post but she asks too many questions.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had to look this up. Never heard of it. Seems it has some major advantages in terms of geometry and managing lateral forces, but the steering feel sucks. Kind of like a sailboat with complex wheel steering versus a tiller.

Seems like the BMW cantilever fork stiffening design would give a lot of the benefits at a lower price and without sacrificing the rider's feedback. Maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts