23,769 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to decide on the Inidan Vintage or Harley Softtail Deluxe. Tough choice. Used to ride a 1991 Softtail

·
Motorbike Macgyver
386 Posts
I appreciate the warm welcome. Hey Gainesville is just down the road!
It is indeed. If you ever find yourself down this way, I might be up for a cruise. That is, provided you don't mind cruising at about 30mph. My bike is home built, single speed. The base is a 1956 Roadmaster boys bicycle frame, powered by a 79cc 4 horsepower utility engine. Technically, it is a motorized bicycle but I consider it a motorcycle because I am building it very heavy duty. I've got Suzuki hydraulic forks on it, and I built my own wheels, using a motorcycle drum in front and a moped drum in rear, and I've also got a cafe style moped seat and club handlebars, mounted upside down for that classic racer look even though it's not a racer by far. If I wanted to, I could gear it to do 45 but there's almost no point living in the city. Even at 45, can't go on the highway so all it would accomplish is getting pulled over. So anyway, if you're ever down this way and in the mood for a scenic cruise, hit me up. Just give me a couple weeks, bike isn't quite finished yet.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Welcome from Lake City, FL about an Hour west of you ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts