Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Name is Daniel, I live in beautiful British Columbia Canada and am about to start my first season of riding! Went on a cross country scooter tour in Taiwan and now I'm hooked!! Have limited experience riding dirt bikes and scooters... Was thinking about getting a sport bike at first but after more consideration and research, really glad I'm deciding on a smaller mid weight cruiser first. Guys at the local dealership helped me out a lot. Sitting on the honda shadow felt the most comfortable and relaxed so the cruiser is where I shifted my focus.... I have a lot of respect for this while thing and everyone involved and will appreciate any and all advice that comes my way about buying and riding especially safety. Anyway look forward to chattin it up.
By the way heres my post from the first bike forum if you have any opinions...

Hi everyone! First post... Would really appreciate some advice.. Will most likely buy one of these two bikes... Here's the situation... First is a 03 honda shadow spirit 750 with 26000k looks great small dent in tank(bike fell over into his fiances bike in trailer while being moved)... Asking 3200 Canadian but sure I can get it for 2500-2700... Says it's in great shape.... Other bike is an 03 suzuki marauder 800 with 1850 original k.. Guy bought it for his ex wife new in 03 and she never rode it!! Haha is a shop owner and it has been stored under a cover in a heated garage for much of its life... Rode some.. Had it insured last in 09.. Says he has started it up every 3 months to let it run since he's had it... He seems to be a bit of a collector and says he knows how to store vehicles... Seems legit. The bike is apparently showroom condition... He wants 3700 Canadian and won't budge... Now then, it's my first motorcycle and money is fairly tight... They both look like good deals based on what similar bikes go for around here... Any insights/advice on the bikes themselves, reviews, what seems like the better deal... Etc. anything you could think of that would help would be MUCH appreciated. Going to look at them both very soon and buy one of them. The honda is local, the suzuki 4 hours away... Thought maybe if the honda felt really good maybe I'd just take it... Probably go see both though. What do y'all think? Thanks a lot.

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts