Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gathered up the decals for a jet fighter montif as shown but I'm still scratching my head as to which way to go on the lower fairing. I really can't afford to pay a custom paint expert to do this. Should I slice some PVC and french it in or just try with a model paint sprayer?

·
American Legion Rider
22,825 Posts
Not the gun ports but something else...

No matter how you do it I can tell you this. I like the bike one better. The actual plane with just red and white visually my eyes lock onto the red and I don't see the teeth until I work hard at separating the white from the red. Maybe at a further distance that wouldn't be a problem but in that photo I have trouble. With the bike and the contrasting and additional black, no problem at all seeing the teeth instead of getting locked onto the red. That's just my observation. And now that I've not looked at the top photo I'm back to being able to see the teeth but just the two colors my eyes slowly begin to shift. Maybe that's better. Screwing with a person vision might be what you want. I don't know.

And there are plenty of artists that show up at big bike events that can do a very good job of what you want and not break the bank as it is a simple design. A little airbrushing will get the job done. Sue Hopper has done some for me.

Reactions: Carny Gisada

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not the gun ports but something else...

No matter how you do it I can tell you this. I like the bike one better. The actual plane with just red and white visually my eyes lock onto the red and I don't see the teeth until I work hard at separating the white from the red. Maybe at a further distance that wouldn't be a problem but in that photo I have trouble. With the bike and the contrasting and additional black, no problem at all seeing the teeth instead of getting locked onto the red. That's just my observation. And now that I've not looked at the top photo I'm back to being able to see the teeth but just the two colors my eyes slowly begin to shift. Maybe that's better. Screwing with a person vision might be what you want. I don't know.

And there are plenty of artists that show up at big bike events that can do a very good job of what you want and not break the bank as it is a simple design. A little airbrushing will get the job done. Sue Hopper has done some for me.
I have the requisite decals, one thing Amazon is good for is finding and gathering stuff you would have to hunt endlessly for in the pre-internet days. Not pictured is the 12" shark mouth, the custom KAWASAKI ZG1000 military stencils, caution jet intake, and sheet of red stars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts