Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know... go for a test ride...
I have my naked sportbike for sale on CL, probably going to pick up a cruiser next. Debating between a Dyna or M8 Softail and concerned about vibes.omegle
I had a rigid mounted Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 and owned rubber mounted Sportsters and rented a M8 Street Glide. discord The rubber mount bikes were super smooth on the highway, the Kawasaki had pulsing vibes that were xender more prominent at some rpms than others that I wasn’t crazy about. I’ve read on the forums that the M8 softails are vibey on the highway.
So, what do the M8 Softails feel like on the highway? Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,957 Posts
I recently did a pre-purchase test ride of the 2020 Electra Glide std and the Street Glide and found them both very smooth on the highway and even at idle where they used to shake a bit. The M8 107 had gobs of torque and the 6 speed trans allowed very low rpm's at cruising speeds.

I don't have any recent experience with their Softtail line but the new FATBOY just turns me on:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know... go for a test ride...
I have my naked sportbike for sale on CL, probably going to pick up a cruiser next. Debating between a Dyna or M8 Softail and concerned about vibes.
I had a rigid mounted Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 and owned rubber mounted Sportsters and rented a M8 Street Glide. The rubber mount bikes were super smooth on the highway, the Kawasaki had pulsing vibes that were more prominent at some rpms than others that I wasn’t crazy about. I’ve read on the forums that the M8 softails are vibey on the highway.gbwhatsapp
So, what do the M8 Softails feel like on the highway? Thanks.
here we go again,

Smooth as butter. Other bikes i've ridden have been shakey at highway speeds.

My m8 fat bob on the otherhand... i have to look down to see how fast i'm going only to realize i'm upper 90mph. Solid and smooth.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a '17 Dyna LRS, which had moderate pulsations at speed, that I eventually got tired of. I then got a '19 softail Heritage Classic M8 107, which is a lot smoother than the Twin Cam. I also think the M8 is a superior design, having an oil cooler and larger oil capacity. On the open road, the light vibes are not bothersome at all. Wind management is the bigger issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts