Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Very Famous Person
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--

It has come to my attention that some folks here don't really know how to write a thread that attracts viewers. So to help, I have linked this writing ideas list which should help out.

What the heck, this may even help you out when writing your shopping list or what improvements you want to do on your bike!

--

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Wow, I have read most of the stories there. Great, true life events make the best reads. I love to read. Comments have been made about me reading cereal boxes at the kitchen table when I was young. I guess the reason many of the threads are so interesting is that there are so many "writers" on the Forum. Thank you for sharing these Ron.

·
Very Famous Person
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I have read most of the stories there. Great, true life events make the best reads. I love to read. Comments have been made about me reading cereal boxes at the kitchen table when I was young. I guess the reason many of the threads are so interesting is that there are so many "writers" on the Forum. Thank you for sharing these Ron.
--

It's a site for aspiring writers. Some authors write on one topic only, while others like variety. I don't know if you read any of mine, but some are historical, some memoir, some just for fun, and my favorite, a Sherlock Holmes knockoff.

Ron

--

·
Very Famous Person
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
--

Moni,

By the way, I only have about 11 articles there, some people live on that site and have hundreds. I guess they don't do much real living--like riding around wasting gas on a bike.

--

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Yours are all I have been reading. Still gotta get to the Sherlock & the Early kids days...read all of the others. Good stuff!!

Might make a good short story about my parents talking about how I didn't hear many of their questions at the table because I was too engrossed in reading the cereal box or the butter bowl...:) :) Seems I missed out on orange juice, strawberries & such...HA HA.

·
American Legion Rider
18,889 Posts
How do you delete a thread ?
You don't. But if you need one deleted just request it be deleted in the thread or post you want deleted or send a private message(PM) or Conversation now to any moderator. In both cases if it isn't apparent why you want it delete, say why. If it doesn't change the thread negatively they can and will delete it for you. Things like a double post are easy to see why but others may not be so easy. That's why and explanation is needed. The mods are here to help.

·
Very Famous Person
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
--

Why would anyone want to bother a 7 year old thread anyway? The links are not active anymore, but the sentiment at the time was to be of help for anyone that wanted to use them. During that time I was teaching creative writing classes and many students had no idea on how to go about getting into an area of interest to them. We have many members on this site that in years have not contributed to the discussions, perhaps for some it is due to not knowing how to get their fingers wet.

There are a lot of categories where someone gifted on repairs, or riding styles/abilities, or political interest, or history, etc. could participate if they wanted. As always, if any member reader doesn't like the topic, they can avert their eyes. Except for the Mods, of course, they have to slog through everything. 😆

--

·
American Legion Rider
18,889 Posts
Oh crap, you mean I got nailed by a dead thread? I normally catch those. Oh well, proof I'm human or at least some unintelligent life form.

EDIT: Nope, I'm still okay. I responded to Davina. Not my fault it was posted in a dead thread. But it does appear Davina might be just a drive by shooter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts