Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need to swap out the damaged visor on my vstar 650's headlight. In a youtube video, they showed that once the headlight it out of the main housing, there were two screws on either side of the bezel you could unscrew and the bezel and visor would all come off. On my vstar, there are no such screws and there seems to be quit e abit holding the bezel in place. I see the angle adjustment screws, two other screws in side securing the large metal section that goes around the headlight and some kind of wire/spring on each side that I gather snap the bezel in place. I tried Youtube but all I could find was how to remove the headlight from the housing, not how to take the bezel off.

Thanks!
Dan

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What year and model? I see on the Silverado that there are two screws on the bottom left and right just behind the bezel to remove.

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=3962592&category=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=2006&fveh=177735
It's a 2000 Vstar 650 Classic. So I see the screws on the link you sent (#6 and #7) which could be there, but I don't see how to take off the chrome bezel, which is the round part #8 that covers the screws. There are two spring loaded adjustment screws (#10) so it looks like I have to take those out to get the bezel off. Thanks for this diagram and site, I've bookmarked this and will check it out later this week once I get the visor, thank you very much :)

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Those screws go into the tabs that hold the ring. After pulling those two screws, the bezel just slides straight out. The rest of the headlight will remain in the housing. You may have to pull the headlight adjusting bolt all the way out, the one on the right front when looking at the front of the headlight.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those screws go into the tabs that hold the ring. After pulling those two screws, the bezel just slides straight out. The rest of the headlight will remain in the housing. You may have to pull the headlight adjusting bolt all the way out, the one on the right front when looking at the front of the headlight.
OK great. Apologies if this seems so simple, I'm just afraid of breaking anything lol! I can tear apart any room in a house down to the foundation and rebuild it, but tearing in to a new bike scares me for some reason :(

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
The only part to be concerned about is getting the adjuster bolts threaded straight back in, they go into nylon nuts, if they turn a little hard, pull them back out and make sure you get them started straight. The rest is a lot easier than building a house.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only part to be concerned about is getting the adjuster bolts threaded straight back in, they go into nylon nuts, if they turn a little hard, pull them back out and make sure you get them started straight. The rest is a lot easier than building a house.
haha got ya, thanks again, I'll mess with it as soon as my new visor arrives from the seller.

Dan

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for the help Luvs, changed the visor this week without a hitch :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts